Peach Filling Recipe

Decorating By jbc Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 8:55pm by jbc

jbc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jbc Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 12

Does anyone have a recipe for peach filling they would be willing to share? I got an order for a cake with peach filling, which I have never had to do before and the place I buy my fillings from doesn't have peach. I don't have time to order it online so I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

11 replies
gerripje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gerripje Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 12

I've tried peach jello mixed with cool whip or vanilla pudding with or without sliced peaches. HTH!

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 12

This may or may not help you, but I use peach preserves as a cake filling. Just remember that jam or preserve fillings require refridgeration where the sleeve fillings don't.

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 12

This may or may not help you, but I use peach preserves as a cake filling. Just remember that jam or preserve fillings require refridgeration where the sleeve fillings don't.

lovelytee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovelytee Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 12

you can try using a basic mousse recipe and then fold in pureed peaches (or already made preserves)as you go to get the consistency you need.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 12

You can cook frozen peaches mixed with sugar and a little lemon juice (the lemon juice will help the peaches stay peach-colored instead of turning brown) and then process them in the blender or food processor or with a stick blender and then continue cooking until they are thick enough. Sorry, I don't have measurements for you, but I've done this with peaches and mangoes before and it works out well.

The other thing you could do is make stabilized whipped cream and then fold in a jar or two of peach baby food to make a peach mousse.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:43pm
post #7 of 12

One (small) jar of seedless jams with the matching flavored jello! I got this from someone here...I use that combo for all my fruity fillings now. Amazingly the jello disolves in the warmed up jam. Not gritty at all.

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:45pm
post #8 of 12

Does Solo brand have a peach pie filling? I use pie filling as cake fillings sometimes with great success. thumbs_up.gif

Another idea is to mix peach baby food with whipped cream and/or cream cheese. I just made that up, but it sounds kinda good.

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:47pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

The other thing you could do is make stabilized whipped cream and then fold in a jar or two of peach baby food to make a peach mousse.

Doh!!! Sorry prterrell!! I didn't even notice this before I posted! icon_redface.gif

jbc Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:25pm
post #10 of 12

Thanks everyone for all the great ideas.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:27pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by imakecakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

Doh!!! Sorry prterrell!! I didn't even notice this before I posted! icon_redface.gif

Hey, great minds think alike! icon_wink.gif

jbc Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 8:55pm
post #12 of 12

ddaigle could you give me a little more information on your method? Do you mix up the jello like normal and then mix it with the preserves or what?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%