We Need A New Member Title!

Lounge By Ayanami Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 9:28pm by Ayanami

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 8

Okay, i think that we need to create a new member rank for Indydebi, and anyone else who might, maybe, ever, get anywhere close to her number of posts. I mean there's gotta be something bigger & better than "superstar"?

What about "Forum MegaStar" ... or "Forum Master" ... or "Forum Celebrity" ... or i don't know! But I think we definately need something above SuperStar.

Suggestions?

7 replies
cakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjen Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 8

"forum denmother(father)"

icon_smile.gif

Amia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amia Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:04pm
post #3 of 8

Yeah, I agree! Once you hit 10,000+ posts there should be a new category! How about "Forum Queen" or "The Big Cheese" lol jk! "Forum Leader," "Forum V.I.P."....."Forum Bigwig"...."Forum Hotshot!"..."Forum Magnate." I could probably come up with a ton more.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 8

How about "Current Cake Central Matriarch" or "Current CC Alpha Female?"

She's the third one since I've been here - first was SquirrelCakes, then Shirley, now IndyDeby. The position seems to change annually. Up next will be kakeladi...or perhaps Jan, although I think she should have her own title of "Cake Central Human Wikipedia" since she has such an amazing grasp on where to find what information. icon_smile.gif

LOL

cakesbyjen Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 8

"Forum know-it-alls"

(but meant in a kind loving way icon_smile.gif )

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 12:47am
post #6 of 8

Glad to see you all so intrested in cake and not who has the most posts.

I never noticed that at all. I guess I have been so engrossed in reading about cake and learning from very knowledgable people who are willing to share some good information that I just missed the amount of posts a person has!

I just judge a cc member by what they share and how they share and how their ways and ideas have helped me and baffled me!

Why should people be judged by how they are ranked as opposed to the knowledge they are willing to share and the help they give?

CC is a great place but it's also a community of all differents types of personalities and walks of life, real people that gather in the same spot and share and talk and argue and laugh and cry.

So do we really need more rankings so that people can "hit and run" (people seeking out the highest ranked members for their learning and sort of not really getting to know a few of the regulars and a feel for the place)

or do we acknowledge these people through learning, show them some respect, listen to them, learn from them and question them, never be afraid to question people on their methods as that's where real knowledge lies (IMO).

Maybe we should ask the higher ranked members which way they would like to be acknowledged?

I am sorry HUGE rant it's just that I think rankings are a little silly. HOWEVER I do appreciate that they are a sign of acknowledgement but there should be a nicer way of acknowleding people don't you think like maybe the one mentioned above?

icon_redface.gif seriously sorry about the rant, our kids are in bed and our weekend just started so I may have had a few glasses of some good French wine icon_biggrin.gif

cakesbyjen Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 1:38am
post #7 of 8

icon_sad.gif i didn't mean any harmful words... i just figured most people posting that much probably know a lot since they were sharing so much...

but i figure it's the lounge and talking about forum names is a little "silly" but what better place for silliness than away from the crowds....

anyone who ever gives me help i don't look at their rank and suddenly dismiss anyone under 300 posts, or whatever number you choose... and i would hope anyone wouldn't do that to me, since i'm fairly new to posting... i'm working my way up though thumbs_up.gif

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 9:28pm
post #8 of 8

amia1024 - Forum VIP. I like that one! icon_biggrin.gif I'm just no good at coming up with names and such. icon_rolleyes.gif

cakesbyjen :

Quote:
Quote:

anyone who ever gives me help i don't look at their rank and suddenly dismiss anyone under 300 posts, or whatever number you choose... and i would hope anyone wouldn't do that to me, since i'm fairly new to posting... i'm working my way up though

I never hold the number of posts against (or in favor of) someone. Just cause they are new to CC doesn't mean they are new to caking. I always thought that CC showing the # of posts & giving their members a "rank" was just a fun, silly thing to do. Like allowing us to post avatars. Gives us some personality, ya know?

banba :

Quote:
Quote:

Glad to see you all so intrested in cake and not who has the most posts

Quote:
Quote:

Why should people be judged by how they are ranked as opposed to the knowledge they are willing to share and the help they give?

no judging, just novelty & fun. and I can't imagine anyone not being here for the pure love of all things yummy & cakey. << makin my own words now! icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Quote:

icon_redface.gif seriously sorry about the rant, our kids are in bed and our weekend just started so I may have had a few glasses of some good French wine icon_biggrin.gif

mmmm .... wine. madhatter.gif I really hope you enjoyed your evening. (last night) It's so nice when all the little voices go quiet, isn't it?! icon_wink.gif How old are your kids? I assume young since you were still up after they went to bed. (not teenagers I mean)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%