Question About Chocolate Bc

Baking By DyMakesCake Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 6:43pm by Jayde

DyMakesCake Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:43pm
post #1 of 7

If a chocolate buttercream recipe calls for melted semi sweet chocolate.....can I use melted semi sweet chocolate chips?

I've made choc bc with cocoa powder before and just didn't care for the texture. Or does anyone have an absolute to die for chocolate BC recipe?

TIA!!

6 replies
renee2007 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:47pm
post #2 of 7

yes, you can use melted choc. chips. I have also used the nestle pre-melted chocolate packets. hth icon_smile.gif

renee2007 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 7

yes, you can use melted choc. chips. I have also used the nestle pre-melted chocolate packets. hth icon_smile.gif

DyMakesCake Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by renee2007

Thank you! I will give this a try. I've never seen the Nestle packets....man that'd be helpful.

Jayde Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 4:34pm
post #5 of 7

Ok, but as long as you promise not to tell. icon_smile.gif

Triple Chocolate BC
Make your regular BC recipe (I say this because usually people have a BC recipe that they are in love with, I do anyways, and its good to start with something familiar).

Add 3-5 tbsp. of chocolate syrup
1/2 c. of unsweetened cocoa powder
6 oz. of melted semi sweet chocolate
Add more PS to get the consistancy right

Try this, its a big hit with kids...

3boysmama Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 7

I'd like to try this, but how much buttercream should I be starting with? I love the buttercream dream...

Jayde Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:43pm
post #7 of 7

LOL, gosh sometimes I just dont think when I post recipes. My recipe makes about 4 cups of BC icing, which is one batch. If I double the recipe I double the chocolate part too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%