Who Is Going To The Tennessee Cake Festival???

Decorating By AmandaPanda Updated 11 Mar 2009 , 3:16pm by cylstrial

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:00pm
post #1 of 26

Hey everyone I a wanting to go to the cake festival in nashville at the end of february and wanted to see if anyone else was planning to go and if you wanted to meet up??? It looks like it will be a good time! I am thinking of entering their cake contest too.

Anyway just wanted to see who was going, I CAN'T WAIT!

Amanda

25 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:20pm
post #2 of 26

Well it originally was scheduled last week end. I had planned on attending - even entering but since the date was changed I will not be able toicon_sad.gif

minerva16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minerva16 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 26

I am going and would love to meet you. Cakes by LJ(I believe that is her username) is doing the beer bottle demo. I have thought about entering a cake as well. Not sure if my work is up to par but I figure it would be a good learning experience.

Hope to see you there!

Jeannette

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 26

I've been planning to go..but I haven't registered yet. It's about 6 hours from me..but I am really interested!!

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:55am
post #5 of 26

When is the date and where is it being held? How much does it cost to get in? I would love to go. Do you have a link to a website that might have this information?

minerva16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minerva16 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:06am
post #6 of 26

It is Feb. 28 - March 1. It is being given by sweetwise in Nashville, TN. You can get all of the info on their website sweetwise.com.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:09am
post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlotusninjagrl

When is the date and where is it being held? How much does it cost to get in? I would love to go. Do you have a link to a website that might have this information?

Check it out here.... www.sweetwise.com
Michele Bommerito is doing demos both days.. And a live cake competition is happening too... It will be lots of fun!! Can't wait.. icon_biggrin.gif

luv_to_decorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv_to_decorate Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:32am
post #8 of 26

I am hoping I can go. I haven't registered yet. Probably not going to enter a cake. I have so much happening around that time. My dh is having his 60th birthday a couple weeks after that and I am planning a big blow out for him. I will be doing a cake then. I also have a couple of other cakes I will be making right before then. I had planned to do a cake and even had my idea in my head, but just don't see how I could devote the time I need to get it done. I love taking classes from Kathy. She makes it so much fun and I learn a lot. I would love to see her have a gumpaste flower class and a figure molding class too.

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 8:56pm
post #9 of 26

I didn't even know this was happening but I definitely will be there. My DH is going to take me and I can't wait! Hope to meet some of my fellow CCer's there!

tonirepko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonirepko Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 2:59pm
post #10 of 26

I am planning to attend the cake show in Nashville. I am excited that something like this is happening so close to home. I plan to come up Saturday from Chattanooga. I am going to enter the cake competition too. Everyone should come to this and enter...I think it will be so much fun! Maybe we could all meet up for dinner Saturday night?? The CC in TN group?
Toni, Sweet Angel Cakes

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:24pm
post #11 of 26

Tennessee is such a long skinny state, drat that anyway. I can get to stuff in Little Rock Arkansas easier and still sleep at home--Nashville is too far away. Not this year.

But y'all have fun --Can't wait to hear about it. sniff

AmandaPanda Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:30pm
post #12 of 26

yes I totally want to meet up! I am going to do the 2 day pass since I live so close so I am good for meeting up whenever.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:39pm
post #13 of 26

Have fun!

AmandaPanda Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:41pm
post #14 of 26

lol thanks .... and yes I agree all meeting plans will be made through PM ... you just never know these days with the internet and all.... Sorry you won't be able to join, Memphis is quite a ways away

tonirepko Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonirepko Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:45pm
post #15 of 26

How about meeting at the front entrance to the event at 2pm on Saturday? There is a 1/2 hour break between demo's at this time. Anyone interested in meeting each other, just show up then...what do you all think?
Toni

cylstrial Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:06pm
post #16 of 26

Maybe you should all wear the same color of shirt so that you can recognize each other easily! Like red.. or blue.. or whatever you want!

amyfj1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyfj1 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 5:21pm
post #17 of 26

Yes, I think meeting at 2:00 on saturday at the front entrance would be good. We could all wear a blue shirt or some color and have our name with TN CCer on a little name tag on our shirt. What do you think?

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:48am
post #18 of 26

me and a friend plan on being there...would love to meet everyone!
starla

cylstrial Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 2:20am
post #19 of 26

I was there today...but I didn't see a lot of blue shirts. And to be honest, I forgot to wear one myself. And there weren't any name tags...cause I was planning to put CC under my name.

It was really awesome today though!! Super exciting!

mixinvixen Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:36am
post #20 of 26

i was there, and was surrounded during the beer bottle demo and michelles demo by 4 other cake central addicts.

i really enjoyed the demos!

CakesByLJ Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 2:12pm
post #21 of 26

Hi y'all.... was this weekend just the most fun, or what?? icon_biggrin.gif I loved Michelle Bommarito, and her class yesterday was jammed packed with great information.
I had so many compliments on my sugar bottle demo.. thanks to all. I would loved to have met the CCers.. We have to organize a meeting next time.. Did you all see Channel 2 news feature? Short, but sweet... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mixinvixen Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:25pm
post #22 of 26

i would love to meet with you!!! you kept me laughing the whole darn demo, and i'm so excited about trying these!

CakesByLJ Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:35pm
post #23 of 26

mixinvixin... thanks, and I would love to plan a get together as well.. It would be fun!

cylstrial Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:43am
post #24 of 26

I went to the competition and it was so fun! Michelle was just awesome!! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay for her class. So I was bummed about that...but I'm sure I'll get to take her class another time. I wish I could have met some of you. Maybe next year...

It would have been a lot easier had their been name tags!

CakesByLJ Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 3:01pm
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

I went to the competition and it was so fun! Michelle was just awesome!! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay for her class. So I was bummed about that...but I'm sure I'll get to take her class another time. I wish I could have met some of you. Maybe next year...

It would have been a lot easier had their been name tags!

Absolutely, the next time we will have to get better organized and wear identifying name tags, or something.
I really had fun meeting so many great people though, and the live cake competition was awesome. Soooo much talent!

cylstrial Posted 11 Mar 2009 , 3:16pm
post #26 of 26

Did anyone take Michelle's class? She said in one of her demo's that she was going to give out her buttercream icing recipe in the class. Would anyone be willing to share it with me??

Thanks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%