Sugared Petals

Decorating By Tomoore Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 6:15pm by bisbqueenb

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 3

Hey CC,

I went to a bridal show over the weekend and saw a beautiful wedding cake with sugared rose petals scattered on it. It was so pretty! I am working on a practice cake today and would like to do the same. Is this easy to do? Can someone walk me thru it?

Thanks,
Toni

2 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:15pm
post #2 of 3

Hi, I haven't done this, but I have seen on tele some one doing this. They use egg white to dip the petal and then in the sugar. You can do sugared fruits using the same method. icon_smile.gif

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 3

Lightly beat up room temp. egg whites. and use a paint brush to paint the clean, dry rose petals. Then sprinkle 'lightly' with fine grain sugar [sometimes called bar sugar]. You can use regular granulated if you are not able to find the super fine. Lay them out to dry completely before putting them up in a covered container. The rose petals will dry out with the sugar coating, become crunchy and taste really good! Be sure to use only 'organic' type flowers....yes you can do it with other edible flowers as well as long as there are no pesticides etc. used on them.

IF you use petals from the local florist do not allow them to be eaten!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%