North Carolina Panthers Colors, What Do You Think?

Decorating By Callyssa Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 8:39pm by susanscakecreations

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:51pm
post #1 of 11

I'm making one cake for two friends for this weekend; one is a Carolina Panthers fan, the other is very musical. Somehow I have to combine these two elements on the cake. The musical part I'm good with, but I can't tell exactly the color of the Panthers. It looks like deep, bright blue, but not exactly royal, black, and white. Is that right? I called my Dad who lives in NC to get his take on the colors and he said blue, and baby blue! I think he's totally off the wall there, but I don't want to be wrong. Can anyone give me their opinion on what colors I should use?? Thank you so much!

10 replies
Callyssa Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:09pm
post #2 of 11

Anyone? Help please?! icon_biggrin.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:19pm
post #3 of 11

I would use plenty of sky blue...'cause it's like teal, I thought...brb

all4cake Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 11

http://www.charlottecommunitiesonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/carolina_panthers.gif

For as long as I can remember, I've just used sky blue gel/paste until the color was achieved.

Strazle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Strazle Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:24pm
post #5 of 11

Panther blue is bright blue....not a hint of teal in it at all. Use royal blue by wilton for the correct shade.

Callyssa Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:31pm
post #6 of 11

Ahhh! I'm so confused! I thought it was a bright blue too, and I've gotten a color that I thought was the right one using Royal Blue, but on a different forum several people have told me it was aqua! I guess the color is in the eye of the beholder, huh?! Thanks for the help!

all4cake Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:19pm
post #8 of 11

just to clarify...teal/turquoise/aqua all look like the same family to me

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:37pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks again everyone, I really appreciate the help. I had to laugh at the one answer to the Panthers colors on Wiki; it said the blue color was 'blue/turquoise-ish'! So I'm going with whatever color my icing turns by tomorrow, THAT"S the color blue for this Panthers cake! LOL

I think turquoise, teal and aqua are all in the same color family too, but I can see certain ones leaning more on the green or blue side, but that is so open to interpretation. Some people say burgundy, some say maroon and some say wine, when they're all talking about the same color!

So I played it safe and just used royal blue and I'm going to let the color sit to see where it goes. I can always add a touch of turquoise, but I've made the mistake of too much and there's no going back.

Thanks again for all the help!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:39pm
post #11 of 11

Whatever shade of "panther blue" you end up with, I'm SURE they will love it!!!!!!! Don't sweat the small stuff!!!!!

susan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%