Acoustic Guitar Cake Tutorial...

Decorating By sweetlayers Updated 28 Jun 2011 , 12:15pm by cakeyouverymuch

sweetlayers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlayers Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 11

Does anyone have or know where I can find instructions on scultping an acoustic guitar cake?

10 replies
renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 11

Don't know about the acoustic, but I have done 2 electric guitar cakes and what I did was to take my sons guitar hero guitar and trace it onto paper then cut it out and use as a template on a 12x18 sheet cake. hth icon_smile.gif

Mel2085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mel2085 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 11

I've done one but i used the Wilton pan that is shaped like a guitar....that might work...

sweetlayers Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks. Does anyone know the proportions between the neck of a guitar and the body? My client is "VERY" concerned about this!

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 11

not sure, but if my husband was home he could probably help with that. could you take a real acoustic and trace it, then size it down to fit the size of cake that you want? or maybe make a real-size guitar. I think someone on here has done that before. hth good luck icon_smile.gif

sweetlayers Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 8:37pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by renee2007

not sure, but if my husband was home he could probably help with that. could you take a real acoustic and trace it, then size it down to fit the size of cake that you want? or maybe make a real-size guitar. I think someone on here has done that before. hth good luck icon_smile.gif

That would be nice but I have never touched a real guitar and don't have access to one.

I have attached a photo of one I have blown up and will trace, but I need to know if it truly looks anatomically correct. (excuse the spelling)
LL

alwayscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Regina1611 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 10:28am
post #9 of 11

Once you google an image, print it out. Enlarge it at a photo store to the actual size you want the finished cake to be. Cut out the shape, trace on thicker paper (like oak tag) this becomes your template for carving. This is how I did mine and i was happy with the outcome.

kaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaat Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 11:48am
post #10 of 11

That's exactly how I did mine. I googled an actual guitar template then enlarged it to the size I wanted, cut it out and ... perfect! Then I ended up having to shorten the neck a bit to fit it on the board but the difference was barely noticeable.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sugarhoneytea/5848652144/in/set-72157626873408699

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 28 Jun 2011 , 12:15pm
post #11 of 11

This is the image I used:

http://www.cewatson.com/Guitar%20acoustic%20diagram%202.gif

To do this cake:

http://lamaisondesgateaux.blogspot.com/2010/12/bonne-fete-nicholas.html

I printed off the largest image I could (8x11) and figured out the scale I was going to use. I think it wound up being 3 to 1. Then proceeded to measure and cut using that scale.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%