Ices Convention

Decorating By LaBellaFlor Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 10:14pm by JodieF

LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:31am
post #1 of 6

I was just wondering if there are any members of ICES and if so, is it a worthwhile organization to be part of? Also, is anyone going to the convention in Chicago this year & has anyone been to past conventions? All definetly seems wothwhile to me, but I would like to hear about other peoples opinion and expierences, so please share whatever you can. Thank you.

5 replies
sari66 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 12:01am
post #2 of 6

I've belonged to ICES for the past 3yrs and this year will be my first going to con. I have enjoyed the days of sharing that I've been to and I like the newsletter they send with info about whats going on and where and pictures of great cakes as well.

HTH

cakedout Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 6

I cannot stress enough how ICES has been such a wonderful resource for me over the years!

I have made leaps and bounds in my decorating knowledge and skills through meeting, sharing and watching hundreds of professional decorators and demonstrations. The newsletter is a good source of vendor information.

I just LOVE the conventions-the friends, the demos, the cakes, and of course, the vendors!!! Take an empty suitcase along for all the 'toys' you'll buy!!

Mostly, I cherish all of my 'cake friends' I have made through the years! I have been 'out of the loop' for several years, but whenever I go back I am always met with lots of hugs! icon_biggrin.gif These friends have been a wonderful source of inspiration and support.

classiccake Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 6

Ditto cakeout. I have been a member for 20 years, been a state rep, taught at several conventions. It is well worth you time and $$$.

I haven't been to the convention for several years...things kept getting in the way, but am definitely going this year.

LaBellaFlor Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:12am
post #5 of 6

Thank you for the info., it is greatly appreciated. I used to do cakes on a regular bases about 14 years ago. I do them every bluemoon now & I do okay with some of the newer techniques. But I have decided to follow my childhood dreams (when I first started baking from scratch) & go ahead & take my cake decorating to the next level. So, I want to look into all the resources that are available to me to help me succeed & with the current economy, I wanted to make sure ICES was a worthwhile investment & it sounds like it is. So hopefully I will see you all this year in Chicago! icon_wink.gif

JodieF Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:14pm
post #6 of 6

Not being nitpicky here, but the Conference is in St. Charles, which is about 40 miles from Chicago. thumbs_up.gif

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%