Ices Convention

Decorating By LaBellaFlor Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 10:14pm by JodieF

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:31am
post #1 of 6

I was just wondering if there are any members of ICES and if so, is it a worthwhile organization to be part of? Also, is anyone going to the convention in Chicago this year & has anyone been to past conventions? All definetly seems wothwhile to me, but I would like to hear about other peoples opinion and expierences, so please share whatever you can. Thank you.

5 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 12:01am
post #2 of 6

I've belonged to ICES for the past 3yrs and this year will be my first going to con. I have enjoyed the days of sharing that I've been to and I like the newsletter they send with info about whats going on and where and pictures of great cakes as well.

HTH

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:35pm
post #3 of 6

I cannot stress enough how ICES has been such a wonderful resource for me over the years!

I have made leaps and bounds in my decorating knowledge and skills through meeting, sharing and watching hundreds of professional decorators and demonstrations. The newsletter is a good source of vendor information.

I just LOVE the conventions-the friends, the demos, the cakes, and of course, the vendors!!! Take an empty suitcase along for all the 'toys' you'll buy!!

Mostly, I cherish all of my 'cake friends' I have made through the years! I have been 'out of the loop' for several years, but whenever I go back I am always met with lots of hugs! icon_biggrin.gif These friends have been a wonderful source of inspiration and support.

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:51pm
post #4 of 6

Ditto cakeout. I have been a member for 20 years, been a state rep, taught at several conventions. It is well worth you time and $$$.

I haven't been to the convention for several years...things kept getting in the way, but am definitely going this year.

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:12am
post #5 of 6

Thank you for the info., it is greatly appreciated. I used to do cakes on a regular bases about 14 years ago. I do them every bluemoon now & I do okay with some of the newer techniques. But I have decided to follow my childhood dreams (when I first started baking from scratch) & go ahead & take my cake decorating to the next level. So, I want to look into all the resources that are available to me to help me succeed & with the current economy, I wanted to make sure ICES was a worthwhile investment & it sounds like it is. So hopefully I will see you all this year in Chicago! icon_wink.gif

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:14pm
post #6 of 6

Not being nitpicky here, but the Conference is in St. Charles, which is about 40 miles from Chicago. thumbs_up.gif

Jodie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%