minerva16 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 1:12am
post #1 of 25

Is anyone entering a cake into the cake show given by Sweet
Wise in Feb?

24 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 12:43am
post #2 of 25

Where and when is it? Also, what is Sweet Wise?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 12:59am
post #3 of 25

I've never heard of Street Wise. What is it?

Rendee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rendee Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:08am
post #4 of 25

Sweet Wise is the awesome cake decorating and candy making supply store in Nashville Tn. I plan on going to the show but I do not have time to enter a cake into the contest, I would if I had more time! This is going to be a awesome show, I can't wait! I highly encourage anyone who decorates cakes in the Nashville area to visit Sweet Wise if you haven't already!

Rendee Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:09am
post #5 of 25

Sweet Wise is the awesome cake decorating and candy making supply store in Nashville Tn. I plan on going to the show but I do not have time to enter a cake into the contest, I would if I had more time! This is going to be a awesome show, I can't wait! I highly encourage anyone who decorates cakes in the Nashville area to visit Sweet Wise if you haven't already!

Rendee Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:12am
post #6 of 25

bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:41am
post #7 of 25

Sounds fab! Do they have a website?

minerva16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minerva16 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 6:55am
post #8 of 25

I'm sorry, I guess I should have given more detail. As Rendee stated it is a store in Nashville, TN. This is going to be their first cake show and I am sure it will be a success. Michelle Bommarito will be doing a live demonstration on Sat and Sunday - apparently it is an elaborate cake that will take two days to complete.

They do have a website and it is sweetwise.com and all the info about the show is on there.

J

Rendee Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:32pm
post #9 of 25

sweetwise.com

bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:17pm
post #10 of 25

I went to that website and it's full of objectionable content about how to run from the police, etc. icon_confused.gif I also googled "street wise cake show" and came up with nothing. Is there perhaps another website for them?

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:28pm
post #11 of 25

Bob, are you sure you typed in Sweetwise or streetwise?
icon_smile.gif Here is the link: http://www.sweetwise.com/

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:36pm
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by minerva16

Is anyone entering a cake into the cake show given by Sweet
Wise in Feb?

I'm entering a cake... and doing a demo... icon_razz.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:38pm
post #13 of 25

Oh that's MUCH better! icon_lol.gif I did google searches and everything -- nada! Thanks for saving me from myself and the deep recesses of the internet! icon_biggrin.gif

wndipoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wndipoo Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 9:13pm
post #14 of 25

I live in Middle TN, and can't wait for the cake show!!

I am entering a cake, my first time EVER to enter any kind of cake competition. Any helpful hints??

wndipoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wndipoo Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 9:19pm
post #15 of 25

I live in Middle TN, and can't wait for the cake show!!

I am entering a cake, my first time EVER to enter any kind of cake competition. Any helpful hints??

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 6:24pm
post #16 of 25

I'll be there too! There's another thread somewhere about people who are going to the show as well.

Rendee Posted 21 Feb 2009 , 3:18am
post #17 of 25

Ok to all CCer's that are going to the show I can't wait to get to meet you and talk to you. I will be at the door taking money or tickets. I look forward to meeting some of you! icon_biggrin.gif

kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 6 Mar 2009 , 11:22pm
post #18 of 25

Okay all you CCer's, how many of you did make it? How'd you like it? Wasn't Michelle great? I can't wait to try Laura's bottles. Tell me about the show, I was behind the register for two days. I did get to be Michelle's assistant in the Monday class though.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 12:17am
post #19 of 25

Everyone that I have talked to had a great time! I know people came from all over, and I have had several people ask me about the possibility of starting a cake club. I am going to start a list of names, so if you are interested, contact me.. icon_biggrin.gif

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 1:50am
post #20 of 25

i would definitely be interested in joining a club and getting to meet everyone!!!

starla

Rendee Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 3:37am
post #21 of 25

The cake show was great, I was only there on Sat afternoon taking tickets but Michelle was awesome! The sugar bottle demo was great too! I had intentions of being there on Sunday but we got 6 inches of snow and I live a hour away so I didn't get to make it. Can someone please tell me who all competed in the live cake decorating compition??

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 7 Mar 2009 , 2:55pm
post #22 of 25

The live cake competition included Stephanie of The Sweetest Day, Vicki from Signature Cakes by Vicki, Jo of Jo's Custom Cakes and Catering, and Kaysie formerly of Nashville Cakes. Kaysie is in the process of moving and opening a new company in Seattle(?). I think it will be the "People's Cake".

Stephanie won with an incredible cake inspired by Minnie Pearl. It was a guitar case as a large base, then included a scrapbook, Minnie's hat, hatbox, an old fashioned radio that played REAL music, and and old time microphone. It was positively spectacular!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 2:50pm
post #23 of 25

I went and it was sooo awesome! Such great demo's and wonderful people. Fantastic cake... it was just really wonderful! I really hope that Kathy makes it an annual cake competition. =o)

Rendee Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 5:13am
post #24 of 25

Hey wndipoo,
How did you come out on the cake you entered, did you place??

kakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedecorator Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 4:50pm
post #25 of 25

Have you checked out the Sweet Wise site ( www.sweetwise.com ) ? Click on "2009 Tennesse Cake Festival" at the top of the home page and it will take you to the page with pictures. Scroll past Michelle, there are 3 gallaries. The first gallary has pictures of the cakes from the pre-decorated competition. You will see 5 small pics and below it is a large version of the first pic. If you click any of the small ones they will come up in place of the large one. Click the little arrow to the right of the small pictures and you can scroll through lots more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%