Looking To Move To San Diego

Decorating By confectionaryperfection Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 11:10pm by Rocketgirl899

confectionaryperfection Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:34am
post #1 of 4

hi all. i am looking for info on the best areas to live in san diego.,. not expensive, good school, low crime, near shopping. thanks

3 replies
pajnpis Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 4

I used to live in the Linda Vista area before i moved to wisconsin. I actually learn better before i move to wisconsin since some teachers are strict and some are good at teaching. the bad part about it (Montgomery middle school & Kearney high school) are the food. Their food doesn't really seem fresh, probably because theres tons of student...fries are soggy and sometime hamburger are burnt (that was like about 5 years ago so i don't know about now)....I know for sure that they don't have locker there so if you have any kids, expect them to have a heavy backpack (during middleschool and highschool)... ever since when i was in 3rd grade, i started walking home from school with my sisters and nothing bad has happen so far. my family lives across the street from Linda Vista Public Library. we can walk to the store easy but if you plan on buying baking supplies you probably have to go to food4less since its cheaper there versus the asian grocery store. i think every year they have a parade on the street where mcdonald is. overall i love that area since i can feel comfortable going out alone and not being afraid; just not at night. good luck to you^^

sweetflowers Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 4

I was born and raised in San Diego, been here for over 40 years. You're looking for a place not too expensive, forget it. Every where is expensive, plan on 2 incomes or living in under a bridge, we have the 'sunshine tax' like Florida does. Poway used to have the best schools, but that was years ago. Basically all schools have good and bad teachers, so there's no guarantee, unless you go to La Costa, or La Jolla or Del Mar. Those schools get the most money because of the areas they are. I think Francis Parker private school is the best now.

We are starting water rationing in July. Plan on spending an hour, each way on the freeways if you live any distance from your work. It's really crowded here, so I hope you like TONS of people.

Your real estate agent show fill you in on the areas in SD and best suit what you are looking for. If you don't have an agent, you really should get one. Their expertise is worth it if you don't know the area.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 11:10pm
post #4 of 4

confectionaryperfection

I am looking to move too....

I was looking for exactly what you were... but then I realized that it wouldn't exist. Goooooooood Luck finding something perfect. I hope you are having better luck than I...

I would "never" really associate Cheap and Safe. Just as a general rule.

But not every expensive place is safe.

I would look to your realtor for guidance on areas, now you know you wanna go to SD.

At least you can get alot for you money in the market... so maybe you can find cheap and safe icon_biggrin.gif

Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%