3 Cake Projects Do Same Week, Need Help W/ Organizing Plz!

Decorating By shell62995 Updated 28 Jan 2009 , 11:44pm by CakeswLove

shell62995 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:23pm
post #1 of 5

I have 2 cakes both 3 layered 2 tiered cakes and a dozen cupcakes due on the 7th. and 12 cupcakes for the 5th. all buttercream w/ fondant accents. any suggestions on how not to feel overwelmed next week? I have most of the fondant figures made for one cake but not the other. I need to put a motor in the other cake but havent decided on the background on that cake yet. Its a transportation cake so I wouldnt think cuting out trees and ect would be that hard.
I have the fondant toppers made for the cupcakes almost done for Thursday the 5th. What else should I do? tia!

4 replies
indydebi Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 5

Break it down.

YOu have to bake 12 cakes and 24 cupcakes. The cupcakes I'd bake first thing, throw 'em in the freezer and get those out of the way. Then I'd bake the 12 cakes, saran and freeze. Make all the icing you're going to need. Have the boards covered and ready to go.

On assembly day, just pull the cakes out of the freezer as you need them (they only need about an hour or less to thaw enough to work with), and set up an assembly line.

Heavenlydelights107 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 5

I'm with you, I ha ve a 5 cake (3 8in 10in 12in) for a baby shower, my son's first birthday cake, and chocolate favors all for the 7th. I am doing the chocolate favors this weekend, making icing on Monday, baking on Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, and Assemble & Deco on Friday.

shell62995 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:43pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Break it down.

YOu have to bake 12 cakes and 24 cupcakes.

I read that and gasped! icon_surprised.gif lol! I've never made that much cake in a week before. I hoped u were gonna reply. ur a pro at this stuff! icon_biggrin.gif
ty!

CakeswLove Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:44pm
post #5 of 5

Whaao icon_eek.gif you all know indydeby knows her stuff icon_smile.gif , she just explained it all into "3" sentences and made it sound so comforting icon_rolleyes.gif I think I am going to whip up a little something icon_biggrin.gif she just makes you feel so good about baking........ thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%