Football Pan & Brownies??

Decorating By Briniga Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 7:24pm by SugarFrosted

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 6

Hey I have a football pan & wanted to make brownies, so I was wondering, do you think I could use that for brownies?

5 replies
navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:19am
post #2 of 6

I don't know why you couldn't - I have a heart pan that I have put brownies in - I would just make sure you greased it good.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:34am
post #3 of 6

I have a difficult time with the football pan each time I use it. It takes a longer time to bake because of the domed shape, so the edges can get dry/overdone while the center is still not done. The last time I used it I put 2 flower nails in the bottom and used bake-even strips around the top, which was kinda difficult considering how the pan is made. I also made a cover of aluminum foil (with a 3" hole in the center to let steam escape) to place over the top during the last 1/3 of the baking time. It was a much better result. Brownies have a much different consistency. Maybe try filling the pan only half full which would give you a shallower football brownie, if that would work for you. I'd do a test batch to make sure.

Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

Briniga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Briniga Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 6

Ok, so I tried it & it turned out terrible, it took like over an hour to bake, it was almost burned on the outside & still unbaked on the inside, but finally I just took it out of the oven & it was ok...I guess... so wen i finally got it out of the pan, forgot to spray pan with oil to release it...I never forget that..ahhh it was realllllly thin, I was too imbarrassed to take it to the superbowl party...

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 6

I'm sorry that your brownies didn't turn out as you expected, but thank you so much for sharing the outcome with us so we can know if we want to try the same thing!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 6

I'm sorry it was not a success for you. Which of the suggestions did you try? I'm assuming you did not make a test batch. But don't give up! You'll have better luck next time! Every failure provides information towards an eventual great success.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%