Help! Ideas On How To Decorate A Black Forest Cake...

Decorating By Becscakes Updated 28 Jan 2009 , 11:05pm by Becscakes

Becscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Becscakes Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone,
I've just received a request for a birthday cake a 'Black Forest Cake'.
But im not sure how to decorate it, it's for a male so i cant do pretty flowers or anything like that.
Any Ideas?

5 replies
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:02pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not sure if Black Forest Cakes are different in other countries but mine has so many cherries on top that there isn't room for decorations...Easy solution - especially for a man!

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 6

i would suggest a chocolate wrap on the sides, and then pile the top high with chocolate or white chocolate dipped cherries

mamaheath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamaheath Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:09pm
post #4 of 6

chocolate buttercream with white butttercream swirl mounds with a cherry in each mound.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 6

I'd just go with the traditional Black Forest cake look: Whipped cream instead of icing, with whipped cream "rosettes" around the top edge of the cake. Chocolate jimmies or shaved chocolate on the sides of the cake, pretty stemmed marachino cherries on top of the rosettes and a nice shard of chocolate in between the rosettes. Pipe HBD and the guy's name in chocoalte in the middle of the cake.

So, something like this (only leave the center blank so you can write on it):

Although, there's no rule that says men can't have flowers on their cakes. I put icing roses on my DH's cakes all the time! Then, he loves my icing, so any way he can get more of it, is all good to him! icon_biggrin.gif

Becscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Becscakes Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:05pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks Guys...
i like all of thoses ideas!
I make it this weekend so ill give it a go, im so use to using rolled fondant that ill have to remember how to do the basic piping icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%