Fishing And Hunting Cake

Decorating By Pebbles1727 Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 5:57am by Chef_Stef

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 6

Oh please help. For some reason this week everything is going bad, I got requests for cakes that I just don't care much for. This is one is going to be a doosy. It must be a 1/2 sheet for 18th birthday and must incorporate his love of deer hunting and salt water fishing (blue marlin). I looked through the gallery but nothing really jumped out. I'm sooooooooo not a hunting/fishing kind a girl. Please help? Anyone?
TIA, P

5 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:57am
post #2 of 6

I'm thinking of something kinda humourous...maybe a figure of a guy with a marlin slung over one shoulder and dragging a deer behind him? (Physically impossible I know...but that's what would make it so funny, esp if the guy is like dwarfed by the fish and is struggling under the weight of the two beasts).

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:05am
post #3 of 6

I did one but it was a groom's cake, so she's dragging him away from a hunting camp, but it might give you some ideas...check my pics. It was a sheet cake.

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 6

prterrell, I love the idea! How do I do that though?

Chef_Stef, love the cake, how did you do the rocks?

TIA, P

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 6

I would mold them out of fondant & gumpaste....Unless you can find appropriate pics and photoshop something and get a local bakery to print out an edible image for you...

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:57am
post #6 of 6

I got about 2 pounds of chocolate candy rocks online somewhere. Google candy rocks and see what you get...can't remember where but it was a great deal!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%