Micro Cutters

Decorating By CookiezNCupcakez Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 7:16am by Frankyola

CookiezNCupcakez  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:38pm
post #1 of 26

I have seen a set w/ hearts,spade,star etc... looking for a set w/butterfly, flowers etc...any idea where I can find them?
Thanks a bunch thumbs_up.gif

25 replies
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 26

bump

Rosie2  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 26

Have you tried Global Sugar Art? I don't think I've seen them...sorry

annieliz  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annieliz Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:16pm
post #4 of 26

you might try celcakes.com

i know they have some but i'm not sure if they have them in sets like you're looking for.

hth

tiffy76620  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffy76620 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:20pm
post #5 of 26

I got a set of the micro cutters for flowers from Global, they are made by sunflower sugar art, # k-018. The set is called mini leaves and flowers, six cutters in the set, 4 are flowers and 2 are leaves.

Melvira  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:31pm
post #6 of 26

Oh hey, where have you found them with the card suits on them? I really want those! icon_redface.gif

Susie53  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Oh hey, where have you found them with the card suits on them? I really want those! icon_redface.gif

Me too!!!

handymama  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
handymama Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:38pm
post #8 of 26

I couldn't find the cutters so I'm ordering some chocolate molds to use with fondant.

KathyTW  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:38pm
post #9 of 26

If you live near any outlet malls try the kitchen supply stores - that's where I got mine!

Eisskween  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:41pm
post #10 of 26

If you have a Michaels nearby, go to the polymer clay section. They have sets of mini cutters and one set has flowers and butterflies and are about $8.99 in Canada, probably less in the States because things just usually are. icon_wink.gif

Enjoy your day!

bobwonderbuns  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm
post #11 of 26

The ones I'm looking for are the fretwork cutters halfway down this page: If anyone knows where I can get them I'm all ears! icon_biggrin.gif http://www.sweetc.com/Cat/Set7/073.pdf

chilz822  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:50pm
post #12 of 26

Ditto on the kitchen outlet stores. I bought a set of 8 mini leaves and a set of mini animals for $3.99 each. They come in little round tins and are awesome!

I bought a set of mini alphabet cutters the same way, $5.99!

I got another set and some great texture sheets in the polymer clay aisle at Michaels... not as cheap as the outlet, but still a great deal!

Christie_H  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christie_H Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:19am
post #13 of 26
Quote:

Not sure which set she has but the aspic cutter set at Sur La Table has them in it. http://www.surlatable.com/product/kitchenbakeware/cookie+%26+biscuit+cutters-presses/tinned+steel+aspic+cutters.do

I also have a set from Williams-Sonoma with the suits but they're larger.

Susie53 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:49am
post #14 of 26

Thanks Christie_H! Welcome to Cake Central...you're gonna love it here!

Christie_H  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christie_H Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 1:30am
post #15 of 26

Thank you for the welcome, Susie! icon_smile.gif I confess to having joined this past summer but I've been too busy learning from the site rather than posting. The information here has been invaluable!

Melvira Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 1:32am
post #16 of 26

Thank you for that link Christie! And I'm glad we pulled you out into the open! You're right though... so much info here!!

Melvira Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 1:46am
post #17 of 26

Thank you for that link Christie! And I'm glad we pulled you out into the open! You're right though... so much info here!!

CookiezNCupcakez Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:13am
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

Ditto on the kitchen outlet stores. I bought a set of 8 mini leaves and a set of mini animals for $3.99 each. They come in little round tins and are awesome!

I bought a set of mini alphabet cutters the same way, $5.99!

I got another set and some great texture sheets in the polymer clay aisle at Michaels... not as cheap as the outlet, but still a great deal!

Thanks so these are mirco..under 1" ?

I will def hit Michaels and check out the cutters as someone suggested thanks so much for all the replies.

CookiezNCupcakez Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:18am
post #19 of 26
Quote:

I have seen them on ebay under micro cutters, as well here in Canada,Ontario at goldaskitchen.com they ship world wide I belive. The set is $10.00

bobwonderbuns  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:23am
post #20 of 26
Susie53 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:46am
post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christie_H

Thank you for the welcome, Susie! icon_smile.gif I confess to having joined this past summer but I've been too busy learning from the site rather than posting. The information here has been invaluable!

I just noticed that I joined Cake Central 1 day after you joined...LOL

KathyTW  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyTW Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:33pm
post #22 of 26

Yes...the cutters at the outlets are/were the micro cutters!

newmansmom2004  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:43pm
post #23 of 26
Quote:

Our Hobby Lobby has those, Mel, in the polymer clay section. They also have some new tools by Donna Dewberry (the one-stroke painting gal) that work with fondant. Some embossing type tools and an all-in-one tool that's kind of like an exacto knife. I've used that several times. Amazing how many of the clay items can be used for fondant/gumpaste.

SimplySensational  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplySensational Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 6:29am
post #24 of 26

I got mine at Williams-Sonoma. I used them on the Poker Cake in my photos. LOVE THEM!!

SimplySensational  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SimplySensational Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 6:31am
post #25 of 26

I got mine at Williams-Sonoma. I used them on the Poker Cake in my photos. LOVE THEM!!

Frankyola  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frankyola Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 7:16am
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisskween

If you have a Michaels nearby, go to the polymer clay section. They have sets of mini cutters and one set has flowers and butterflies and are about $8.99 in Canada, probably less in the States because things just usually are. icon_wink.gif

Enjoy your day!

Yeap!! that is right, I got some of this cutters there, I love them thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%