Bil & Fil Birthday On Same Day Help With Ideas Please!

Decorating By MikeRowesHunny Updated 28 Jan 2009 , 7:19pm by prterrell

MikeRowesHunny Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 6:35pm
post #1 of 3

My pseudo FIL & BIL (my OH & I are not married lol!), share the same birthday & my BIL is coming over to celebrate with his dad so cake/s must be made. Now I can either do them a cake each, or I do a combined cake, but as there will just be family (maximum of 8 people), the cakes can't be very big! I don't know what to do for them both if I do a joint cake. Here are their interests/jobs etc:

FIL is an artist & bookbinder, he will be 75. I suppose his hobbies are art & books too! He also loves cats.

BIL is a journalist, he will be 47. His hobbies are cycling (he has ridden in the open stages of the Tour de France) & punk rock music.

Arrrggghhhh! Any ideas for a joint cake of some kind, or single (very small!) cakes?! I'm all dried up on this one!

2 replies
SLK Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:01pm
post #2 of 3

I just had the same delima, my FIL and two of my brothers - one birthday party ....

I decided to do a cake that was for "boys" but was of no specific theme to them....I had wanted to practice doing some cakes out of a Deb Brown book so I picked a cake that had some techniquest that I was anxious to try and I made it. It's the wizard cake in my pics.

The boys don't (generally) care what there cake looks like - so just do something that is interesting to you....they will be happy that you did anything. At least that was my experience.

Good Luck!

prterrell Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 3

How about an open book shaped cake with cats and "artwork" and a bike (or maybe the Tour de France logo -- if there is one?) and a newspaper/magazine (whichever BIL writes for or both if both) and some CDs with the name of BIL's fav bands.

Quote by @%username% on %date%