Help!!!! Need Ideas For Egyptian Cookies

Baking By new2bake Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 3:01am by Ursula40

new2bake Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 8

hi...have to make cookies based on egyptian theme..can anyone give me some ideas..i was thinking of doing mummy shaped ones, and also pyramids but have no clue about making the pyramids one..any ideas and tips on how to go about it???? thanks...

7 replies
HeidiCrumbs Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 8

You could do the pharros (sp??) head with all of the gold and various colors, a cat, the coffin type tombs. I don't think there's cutters for most of those but you could look for templates. I think it would be fun to decorate the faces with all of their eye-makup. Good luck!

tujy Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:12am
post #3 of 8

how about an ankh (you can google a pic of it)?

edible gold paint to decorate with?

maybe for the pyramids, you could do them 3D - make 4 triangles and glue them together with RI like a gingerbread house?

there probably aren't many cutters for eqyptian shapes, but you could stick with simple squares or circles and just decorate them like they're a picture in a frame. GeminiRJ has done some like that recetly and they look great and it saves having to buy alot of different cutters.

SugarFrosted Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:02am
post #4 of 8

I found these in a google search, they even look a little like cookies, and would not be too complicated. The images were sort of small, so they are a bit fuzzy.

Ursula40 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:00am
post #5 of 8

Here are a couple that I once did

new2bake Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:07am
post #6 of 8

thanku so much everyone for ur kind help...i think making square cookies and then deorating wth RI is good idea...though i'm very bad at drawing facial i'll stick to other motifs!!! Ursala ur cookies are amazing ... wish i can make queens like those...but they must be time comsuming??? wud luv to make 3d pyramids too but then again, so time and effort involved and mine r ordered for charity and i have to make then for less than 40$'s for like 75 cookies!!! wish me luck!

kneadacookie Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:06pm
post #7 of 8

i also did some for an around the world cookie tree

Ursula40 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 3:01am
post #8 of 8

Ooh I love the eye

Quote by @%username% on %date%