Tea Party Contract

Business By lindym58 Updated 28 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm by -Tubbs

lindym58 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everybody,
I'm really happy that I have been asked to cater for an afternoon tea party for a wedding for 80 people in May. Each person will have a cupcake, scone cream and jam, finger sandwiches and a cup of tea. I will be providing old mismatched china, which I have been collecting, and cakestands and plates.

I haven't done anything like this before. Has anyone done anything similar and got any tips for me?
Also, I feel it would be prudent to have some form of contract, in case they cancel or anything goes wrong. Can anyone point me somewhere I can get a contract and adapt to my needs?
Thanks in advance for any help.

rosalind x x

3 replies
justducky Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 4

If you google tea parties, there is a ton of interesting information. I have not seen a contract, but if you review some of the contracts posted on this site, I am sure you could tweak one to fit.

dinas27 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 4

no comments on pricing but I would definately ensure that you have a damage deposit in the contact regarding your china.

What if someone drops a whole tray of dishes? What if the MOG gets angry and throws her china at the bride? Accidents happen of course but you need those clauses for the crazies - friend or not. Most preferable to get damage deposit in cash.

-Tubbs Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 4

Can you ask them to send me an invite, please? icon_lol.gif It sounds lovely!

Make sure in your contract you charge them for the rental of your china. Sounds like it's collected bits and pieces rather than your granny's heirloom stuff, but you should also have something in the contract to cover any breakages, as mentioned, and make sure it includes the cost of you shopping around and not just the 50p that Oxfam charges for the new cup.

You could probably use a standard cake contract but substitute the other goodies as a `price per person`rather than `per slice`. This would also allow for equipment rental.

Quote by @%username% on %date%