Get Professional Looking Photographs?

Decorating By yellobutterfly Updated 28 Jan 2009 , 8:10pm by jjkarm

yellobutterfly Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:48pm
post #1 of 11

Some of your pictures in the gallery look soooo professional, where do you set up an area for taking pictures, do you leave it up all the time or only to take a cake pic, how do you get backgrounds, etc?? I have so much to learn! icon_surprised.gif

10 replies
prterrell Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 11

The easiest thing to do would be to get one of those foam-board tri-fold things that kids use for science fair presentations and then either pick a nice solid color and paint it or cover it in a wrapping paper. Then, whenever you want to take a pic of a cake you can break this out and put on your table behind the cake.

kayla1505 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 11

prterrell your so smart, i would have never thought of that. im always fighting with my background

sheeza Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

The easiest thing to do would be to get one of those foam-board tri-fold things that kids use for science fair presentations and then either pick a nice solid color and paint it or cover it in a wrapping paper. Then, whenever you want to take a pic of a cake you can break this out and put on your table behind the cake.

Thats such an awesome idea. thanks for sharing icon_biggrin.gif

TooMuchCake Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:55pm
post #5 of 11

My son is my cake photographer, and he made a cake photography tutorial that's on my website: http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/Photo_tutorial.html

HTH,
Deanna

yellobutterfly Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 6:10pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooMuchCake

My son is my cake photographer, and he made a cake photography tutorial that's on my website: http://www.cakedalaska.com/Caked_Alaska/Photo_tutorial.html

HTH,
Deanna

thanks for sharing that link, very interesting and informative!

yellobutterfly Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 6:10pm
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

huh, I never thought about that! thanks for the input!

muddpuppy Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 6:36pm
post #8 of 11

another little thing I like to do is get really close and then tilt the camera a bit, so you get an angled close up shot.. I love this look... icon_smile.gif

butterfly831915 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 6:37pm
post #9 of 11

Great imput!!

prterrell Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 6:51pm
post #10 of 11

Awww shucks! icon_redface.gif Happy to help!

jjkarm Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 8:10pm
post #11 of 11

I started using a lot of TooMuchCake's directions, and it made a huge difference in the way my pictures turned out. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%