Preferred Method To Grease/flour Cake Pans?

Decorating By Leetzie Updated 31 Jan 2009 , 4:33am by classiccake

banananutmuffin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banananutmuffin Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 9:50pm
post #31 of 41

I make my own pan grease with equal parts shortening and flour (no veg oil like other folks). I blend with mixer and store in plastic airtight container. I apply just like I do Crisco (with papertowel). Works great!

Leetzie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leetzie Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:16pm
post #32 of 41

Thanks for all the ideas. I will try the crisco, veg. oil and flour mixture. That is kind of what cake release is anyway.

BrendaS104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrendaS104 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:21am
post #33 of 41

Wilton Cake release. I just bought the super size bottle when my smaller "trial" size ran out.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:40am
post #34 of 41

Two words: spray Pam. That's it. Nothing else x 11 yrs. icon_smile.gif

Except for cheesecake, of course, and then I use buttered parchment.

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 7:17am
post #35 of 41

Just melted butter on the sides and parchment on the bottom

cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 12:54am
post #36 of 41

I just made cupcakes with no liners and used homemade cake release. What a pleasure. They popped right out! Thanks to everyone for suggesting it. thumbs_up.gif

ncbert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncbert Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:36am
post #37 of 41

When I found out about homemade cake release,there's no going back to the grease/flour. What a mess it was!!!
I haven't made my own yet,but my local cake store sells it in tubs. It's homemade and real cheap. When I'm done that I will make my own!

PurpleIcing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurpleIcing Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:46am
post #38 of 41

Hi!

May I have specifics please?

Brand of

Oil?(type?)

Flour?

Veg. Shortening?

Thank you!

cookieman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieman Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:09am
post #39 of 41
Quote:
Quote:

[quote="PurpleIcing"]Hi!

May I have specifics please?

Brand of

Oil?(type?)

Flour?

Veg. Shortening?

Thank you!

I used equal parts of Crisco shorteing, Crisco vegetable oil and Pillsbury unbleached flour.

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:38am
post #40 of 41

Baker's Joy is a dream. The first time I used it and saw what my cake looked like when it came out I couldn't believe it. PER-FECTO. icon_biggrin.gif I haven't seen any around since I moved so I bought the supermarket brand of baking spray with flour. LOVE IT. It has soybean oil, soy lecithin, wheat flour and propellant. Just spray and that's it. party.gif It's especially great if your pan has any detail in it. No digging with a brush to get every nook and cranny covered. And to echo a previous comment, there's little to no crumbs. birthday.gifthumbs_up.gif

And I need all the help I can get! icon_wink.gif

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 4:33am
post #41 of 41

I use a product called Thin Cote, from Henry and Henry. I brush it on with a pastry brush. I love it, no mess from spray.

It always releases the cakes, even if they are cold. I never have to line any pans, even full sheet pans or 18 and 20" rounds. The cakes ALWAYS come out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%