My Cakes

Decorating By drgaddy Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 6:19pm by NuttyNanny

drgaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
22 replies
ranbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ranbel Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:40pm
post #2 of 23

Those are great. I like them all and garfield, is too cute.
I might have to PM you for help when my grandbaby has her first bday, she LOVES spongebob as does my 5yr old son....he's watching right now as we speak..

Great work.

curliesue26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curliesue26 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:47pm
post #3 of 23

Your cakes are beautiful! Your attention to detail is amazing. Good Job!! thumbs_up.gif

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:50pm
post #4 of 23

You're doing a great job. Keep on!!

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:08pm
post #5 of 23

Your cakes are amazing! Very well done! The problem is that some people just look at the new ones posted on the front page and don't look at the recently added photos to see all the new cakes; the cakes change so fast that not everyone gets to see them.

I have a cake that I was surprised that I didn't get more of a reaction out of. But, oh well. It's not going to phase me if no one comments. The only reaction I am interested in is the person I made the cake for. They are the only one that counts. icon_biggrin.gif

Jaimelt76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jaimelt76 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:10pm
post #6 of 23

Your cakes are all wonderful. I really love the Garfield one.
In your location I noticed you are from Croatia that is where my Great Grandfather is from. He came to the states when he was a young boy and left his parents and sister behind.
Again good job, Jaime

dawnnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dawnnb Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:24pm
post #7 of 23

Your cakes are fantastic thumbs_up.gif

MaxTRexmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaxTRexmom Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:27pm
post #8 of 23

Those are all awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing!! thumbs_up.gif

drgaddy Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:44pm
post #9 of 23

Thank you, everyone! I was sure I posted these under "Your under noticed cakes"... icon_lol.gif Imagine my surprise when I saw that my entry was not there, but there were comments on my cakes pouring in...
icon_redface.gificon_cry.gificon_evil.gificon_twisted.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gificon_confused.gif I WAS CONFUSED... icon_eek.gif

Well, it looks like I started a new topic...

Thank you everyone for your comments! icon_lol.gif

Wow, the people on the "under noticed cakes 2" thread will be confused, cause I left a Thank you note for all of you that commented on my cakes. Oh, boy...

drgaddy Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:45pm
post #10 of 23

and now, a double post icon_lol.gif

drgaddy Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:51pm
post #11 of 23

ranbel - I'll be happy to help.

Jaimelt76 - yes, I was born and raised in Croatia. Due to my hubby's job, had to move almost 5 yrs. ago...I still miss it...

Eisskween - I agree that the people we make the cakes for are the ones that matter, but still... icon_lol.gif I like showing my cakes to all my CC buddies

teswade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teswade Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:18pm
post #12 of 23

They are all great. I have always wanted to try to make cakes like that.

Stefy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stefy Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:22pm
post #13 of 23

I think your cakes are beautiful.

I also think it is hilarious when people get all bent out of shape because they don't feel they're getting enough comments or views on their photos.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:32pm
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy

I think your cakes are beautiful.

I also think it is hilarious when people get all bent out of shape because they don't feel they're getting enough comments or views on their photos.

I agree with you on 100% both statements.

arosstx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arosstx Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:35pm
post #15 of 23

Ditto. If I had a nickel for every cake I wish was noticed/commented on/chosen as a favorite, I'd have enough for a cold Dr Pepper from Sonic...maybe even the large! icon_smile.gif

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:40pm
post #16 of 23

I like your cake...I'm on here allot and I havent seen them...I agree with a PP that there are so many cakes that are added daily that they miss the front page and most ppl dont look at the newly added pictures. I try my hardest to comment on all of the cakes! I know I love when ppl comment on what I have done. Gives me courage to do more!

Would you mind sharing how you did the Garfield cake? WOW that cake looks great!

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:47pm
post #17 of 23

Hi. Where do you look at recently added cakes? I am guilty of just looking on the front page... unless I am looking for something specific. I do look at the rest of that person's cakes, too.

mc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mc Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 5:58pm
post #18 of 23

Your cakes are great! You shouldn't worry about it. There is so many pics that it is hard to keep track. My son would love Sponge Bob.

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:02pm
post #19 of 23

Fabulous work and my favorite is Elmo cake. Great Job! thumbs_up.gif

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:06pm
post #20 of 23

Drgaddy, I love your Garfield cake! I would love to know how to do this. Could you PM me the technique?

Classycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Classycakes Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:07pm
post #21 of 23

Your cakes are wonderful!

I think where there is such a variety of cakes for all occasions that sometimes people focus on just what they're interested in. I'm very guilty of that icon_redface.gif Because I only make wedding cakes (other than for immediate family), I tend to just focus on the wedding cake pictures.

That's what I like about CC, there's something for everyone!

drgaddy Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:11pm
post #22 of 23

Thank you all! I am sorry if I have upset someone by posting these, that was not my intention. As explained earlier, I wanted to post on "under noticed cakes" thread, but ended up opening a new thread. Again, if someone is ticked off by me posting this, I apologize! That was not my intention. Thanks again to everyone who took time and looked at my cakes.

NuttyNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NuttyNanny Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 6:19pm
post #23 of 23

I'm guilty...I'll fess up icon_redface.gif I am one of the ones that only look at the front page unless I am looking for something specific.

After seeing your pics...I now see what I've been missing by not viewing the recently added pics.

drgaddy...you've opened my eyes to the beautiful cakes I've been missing. From now on I'm checking the newly, recently added pics. BTW...I LOVE your cakes...that Garfield cake is just way tooooo cute! Great job!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%