Hello

Decorating By tjrobin31 Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 2:25am by meenu

tjrobin31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tjrobin31 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:33am
post #1 of 26

I'm new to this site, and just have to ask is everyone here a professional, all these cakes are so nice, i feel slightly embarrassed
posting my pics, at any rate the ideas and pics are awesome,
i'm sure this will be a very helpful sight for anyone like me, who loves to decorate but needs some helpful hints and good ideas and obviously years and years of practice to catch up with the rest of you guys icon_redface.gif

25 replies
KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:39am
post #2 of 26

We are definitely not ALL professionals! I just bake at home for family and friends. I've had not training, other than what people on this site have taught me and what I have figured out on my own! Have fun here! I can't tell you the last time that an entire day has gone by without me visiting here at least once, or twice, or more! icon_smile.gif Welcome!

liapsim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liapsim Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:43am
post #3 of 26

I'm not a professional at all! I bake for family and friends only and never have had one course! I teach myself through a lot of Youtube videos.

And your cakes look great! The cow is my absolute favorite!

Kim040508 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kim040508 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:43am
post #4 of 26

No pro here, I've also got a long way to go!! You'll get hooked and have to come check things out often. It's nice that everything isn't all about cake, you can come here to vent or ask questions too. Everyone here is really good about helping out as much as they can. We even get a chance sometimes to play detective, right KrissieCakes? Lots of fun, I hope you enjoy it!!

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:46am
post #5 of 26

Ha you are funny! If you want to see non-professional cakes just look at mine. I haven't been laughed off the site yet for my attempts at caking so go ahead and post away icon_smile.gif

KrissieCakes Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:57am
post #6 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim040508

No pro here, I've also got a long way to go!! You'll get hooked and have to come check things out often. It's nice that everything isn't all about cake, you can come here to vent or ask questions too. Everyone here is really good about helping out as much as they can. We even get a chance sometimes to play detective, right KrissieCakes? Lots of fun, I hope you enjoy it!!

Detective? Please don't bring that thread up again! icon_smile.gif I'm so glad to not see that on the homepage tonight!!!

tallgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tallgood Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:59am
post #7 of 26

Hey, I'm a non-professional baker too. Not only am I leary of showing my cakes, I haven't found time to actually do it, since I check out this sight about every 3-4 hours. Its just too much fun reading.

So much I want to learn too!

I try to make at least one cake a week and use something I've learned here. I make for family, friends and hubby's co-workers, and when they are not consuming, I wrap and toss individuals wedges into freezer for us later.

tjrobin31 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:00am
post #8 of 26

thanx you guys you've made me feel welcome,
and twooten, your cakes look good to me thumbs_up.gif

KrissieCakes Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:02am
post #9 of 26

By the way - here is a link to a lot of the acronyms used on this site. I wish I would have known this existed when I first started coming here!!! MMF, NFSC, RI, IMBC, FBCT, blah, blah, blah...I had no clue!!!! Hope this helps!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926-.html

I should have said HTH!

lovelytee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovelytee Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:08am
post #10 of 26

krissiecakes I am laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair. I agree I don't want that thread to come up again it is soooooooo long it made my eyes hurt icon_lol.gif I too bake for fun and for family and friends. I want to strive to make cakes like all the ccc'ers on this wonderful site. Maybe if I get to be half as good as the pros (sugarshack, aines2 and indydebi, etc.) I will make a business out of it some day. tjrobin31 keep up your good work, we all are and were beginners at one time thumbs_up.gif

mom2rascals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2rascals Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:11am
post #11 of 26

I'm no professional, but I AM an ADDICT!!!

cookie_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookie_fun Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:16am
post #12 of 26

Me too! I'm definitely not anywhere near a pro. I joined the site due to cookies, and because everyone is so helpful, and there are so many articles and tools to help you, I just started trying cakes. I did my first FBCT for my daughter's 5th birthday (in my photos) and I'm currently working on my first attempt at fondant figures for my other daughter's 3rd birthday.

Welcome to CC, you'll be hooked before you know it!! thumbs_up.gif

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:25am
post #13 of 26

Hello and Welcome to CC, tjrobin31!

CC is a great place with cakers of all experience levels... you'll get help, support and encouragement for just about everything.

Be sure and click the warning in the upper left corner of the webpage...this place really is addictive icon_smile.gif

mom2rascals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2rascals Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:39am
post #14 of 26

Careful!! Your kids grow REALLY fast when you've got your nose pressed against your computer screen all the time! And what about that drool puddle on the floor . . .

tjrobin31 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:10pm
post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelytee

krissiecakes I am laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair. I agree I don't want that thread to come up again it is soooooooo long it made my eyes hurt icon_lol.gif I too bake for fun and for family and friends. I want to strive to make cakes like all the ccc'ers on this wonderful site. Maybe if I get to be half as good as the pros (sugarshack, aines2 and indydebi, etc.) I will make a business out of it some day. tjrobin31 keep up your good work, we all are and were beginners at one time thumbs_up.gif

thanx for the helpful link i've been wondering what mmf was for awhile

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:22pm
post #16 of 26

go to the forum and to the general topic and find the thread...What is everyones "real" job.....you will see how many of us are not professionals...welcome.

annynutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annynutz Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:25pm
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrissieCakes

By the way - here is a link to a lot of the acronyms used on this site. I wish I would have known this existed when I first started coming here!!! MMF, NFSC, RI, IMBC, FBCT, blah, blah, blah...I had no clue!!!! Hope this helps!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-2926-.html

I should have said HTH!

wow, thanks a lot. I've been very confused with all the acronyms thumbs_up.gif

btw, I'm also a non-professional. I'm planning to make my first REAL cake (besides the ones I've made from the box lol) for my hubby's birthday and this website has been a big help!

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:26pm
post #18 of 26

welocome tjrobin31! No, no professional here. I may sell a good bit of cakes but I have never taken a class. I read a lot of cake books and have the great help of all the CC folks. Just love making cakes.
your cakes look great. keep on trying this site is addicting.

jer702 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jer702 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:26pm
post #19 of 26

tjrobin31

Since we joined the same day we can experience the wonderful life of being a newbie icon_smile.gif

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:32pm
post #20 of 26

I looked at your cakes and they are very sweet! My favorite is Mooie Cow! How cute! Not everyone is a professional, but we do have some dynamite professionals who's cakes consistently blow me away.

Welcome aboard! I think you will find this group informative, educational, and even entertaining!

Best,
Karen

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 7:49pm
post #21 of 26

Welcome to CC, TJRobin31 icon_smile.gif

No pro here either. Just started decorating 2 years ago and make cakes for family and friends mostly.

Lots of great info here at CC for you so dive right in and read read read! icon_smile.gif

Lea

KrissieCakes Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:23pm
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by annynutz

I'm planning to make my first REAL cake (besides the ones I've made from the box lol) for my hubby's birthday and this website has been a big help!

Watch out there...the boxed vs scratch debate is huge here! icon_smile.gif

tjrobin31 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:03am
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jer702

tjrobin31

Since we joined the same day we can experience the wonderful life of being a newbie icon_smile.gif

glad to have someone to share it with, being a newbie, i wonder how long it takes to not be a newbie, is it like a frat , do you have to go through six wks of torture before your inducted?j/k either way i'm sure it will be an enjoyable experience, there's soo much info here and everyone seems friendly icon_confused.gif

tjrobin31 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:10am
post #24 of 26

once again thanx everyone for making me feel welcome, i can see why everyone says this site is addicting, i find myself checking all the time just to see new ideas and new pics, i've got like a thousand cake ideas swirling in my head, now if i could just log off and go make them icon_wink.gif

KrissieCakes Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:16am
post #25 of 26

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-forums-ranks.html

This shows when you won't be a newbie anymore!!! It totally depends on how many posts you have. You can get rid of your newbie status today if you really work at it! icon_smile.gif

meenu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meenu Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 2:25am
post #26 of 26

Welcome to CC. This is a great site with great people. Very helpful and willing to share. Great place to learn.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%