Time To Sign The Lease!!

Business By Cakenicing4u Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 12:53am by Cakenicing4u

Cakenicing4u Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:04am
post #1 of 10

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Two months to get all the permits, approvals, variances, recipes and everything else done.

it's one block behind the big goggleworks building... www.goggleworks.com tells you all about it... and the entrance to the parking lot is across the street-- that's my parking area too! (it's OK) And- it's an artsy part of the city... My style!

The visitors center for Reading is in that building, so it gets a fair amount of traffic...
http://www.readingberkspa.com/reading-visitors-center-information.html

Because of the size of the shop, it is NOT going to be retail... Appointment and orders or delivery only...

Tell me what you see for ideas, colors, etc...
I'll take all the help I can get!

Oh ya... and It's DEBT FREE so far! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

And... the guy that owns this also has www.readingartworks.com and I'll be able to display there, and lock in with their caterer for weddings... and there were 25 there last year, and 28 so far for this year!-- And the lower level isn't even finished yet, and that will have two smaller event rooms too!! I was going to rent there, but wouldn't agree to a long term sub lease....

And it's in a KIZ or Keystone improvement zone which means a potential for tax breaks... AND it's on the edge of the DID or Downtown Improvement District which is extra security patrols and things....

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
Don't be a hater... I'll try to attach photos, or email me, and I'll shoot them to ya... [email protected]
Diana

9 replies
costumeczar Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:05am
post #2 of 10

Congratulations!

cylstrial Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 10

That's so awesome! We are happy for you!

Susie53 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:18pm
post #4 of 10

Congratulations!!! icon_smile.gif

saap1204 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:20pm
post #5 of 10

Congratulations! Best of luck to you as you begin your new adventure!

mgdqueen Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:21pm
post #6 of 10

You're not just a little excited are you?! icon_biggrin.gif So happy for you!

-Tubbs Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:59pm
post #7 of 10

Congratulations and good luck!!! thumbs_up.gif

ladybug76 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:03pm
post #8 of 10

Congrats!! I am originally from Birdsboro, PA (but family still live in Reading area)!!! Best wishes!!
~ Jaime

mandice Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:13pm
post #9 of 10

congrats!

Cakenicing4u Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:53am
post #10 of 10

Not just excited.. SCARED TO DEATH!

I've been working on this since last spring... I have a lot of equipment, and this is the fifth location I've worked on!! Now I just hope that we can get the approval for the variance on the location, the health permits, etc. without too many delays.

Thanks! I'll keep you posted!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%