Baking Set For Kids

Decorating By l80bug79 Updated 3 Feb 2009 , 5:29am by racechick311x

l80bug79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
l80bug79 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 3:17pm
post #1 of 6

I am looking for a cool baking set for my bff's daughter. any ideas???? done some searches and not finding anything good. I want something that she can really use in the kitchen mostly what i'm finding is stuff for play kitchens. she's getting a chef's hat and apron for her bday and having a "cooking" party so i wanted to get her something to go with that. maybe even an easybake????? never had one myself and i'm a mom to a boy. what do you guys think???? she'll be 4.

thanks!

5 replies
Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 6

I think the easy bake oven is the greatest thing. I have a 2 year old grandaughter and a 7 year old daughter and they both love it. Now the 2 year old just likes the mixing part but the 7 year olds loves to do everything. HTH

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 6

I know that both pottery barn kids and williams sonoma kids have some nice baking things for kids, you could check their websites. I have purchased some items in the kitchen stores and home goods that are meant for adults but are small in size, like whisks, bowls, pans.

Cooking with little ones is great. My 3 year old grandchildren always want to decorate their own cupcakes and their little fingers are so small they actually do a good job with some of the small decorations.

My friends are bringing their 3-6 year olds over to decorate valentine cookies. The older ones use frosting in decorating bags. The little ones use corn syrup with food color added and put it on the cookie with little brushes. Everybody uses sprinkles, sprinkles and more sprinkles.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:07am
post #4 of 6

These are the two I bought my DD. She LOVES them! When ever I'm making anything, she's right next to me with her "tools" icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.emerilstore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=45EW604

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/junior-bake-set

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:08am
post #5 of 6

I loved my easy bake when I was a kid! What a great gift that would be! A few years ago they had a 40th anniversary edition and my mom bought me a new one for my 30 something birthday!

racechick311x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
racechick311x Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 5:29am
post #6 of 6

I saw a cute baking set the other day in the toys section of our local Cracker Barrel- it was really cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%