Mailing Cookies--Help!

Baking By CakeDiane Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 11:33pm by CakeDiane

CakeDiane Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:53pm
post #1 of 9

Can you guys tell me the best way to package up cookies to send through the mail? Any tips would be appreciated--I don't know where to start! (The cookies are sugar cookies decorated to look like oscars for my cousin's oscar party...)

8 replies
lainalee Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:07pm
post #2 of 9

How to Package & Ship Cookie Bouquets is a tutorial on the bottom of the home page. I followed their directions and sent a bouquet across state and they were perfect upon arrival. This will work with any type of cookies though not just bouquets.

yankeegal Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:12pm
post #3 of 9

I usually ship cookies in two boxes. One holds the cookies, single layers between bubble wrap and a piece of cardboard to stabilize, and then that box packed in packaging materials(peanuts, shred, paper, etc...) in the outer box. I have shipped successfully this way.

TracyLH Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:04pm
post #4 of 9

I individually bubble wrap mine and put them snuggly in a box. I then put that one inside of a large box and put peanuts around it. For cookies that might snap due to the design (tall and not wide), I will either put a piece of cakeboard in the cello itself with two layers parchment paper between the cookie and cakebaord (so the butter doesn't stain the cakeboard) or I will put a piece of cardboard behind the wrapped cookie and then wrap it all in plastic wrap. I don't know if your Oscar cookies are the exact Oscar shape, but breakage might be an issue if they are tall and thin like the statue. I recently did wine bottles that were over 7" tall and had to the the cakeboard in with the bag to protect them from snapping. Be sure to post your pics - they sound cute!

CakeDiane Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks for your help everyone!!

Tracy, yes they are shaped like the oscar--tall and thin, so thanks for the tips about wrapping that shape with cardboard...that's very helpful!

TracyLH Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 8:34pm
post #6 of 9

Glad that helped! You certainly don't want those to break! icon_biggrin.gif

mis Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 8:47pm
post #7 of 9

I had shipped twice to Mexico and the first shipment only 2 broke and the second shipment none broke out of 3 dozens. I used an aluminum cake pan with the clear lid to pack the cookies in. I layered them with tissue paper about a dozen per layer. The second shipment I put much more tissue paper in the container. Then I taped the lid on and made sure the lid was all taped up on all sides ans put it in a box a little bigger (just enough for the cookie container to fit) then I put white stuffing "stuff" around the cookies to pack it in. Hope that made sense. icon_biggrin.gif

Dizzymaiden Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 9

I just shipped 24 hearts and lip sugar cookies in a glass jar - crossing my fingers it will get there ok. I put lots of bubble wrap and fun shredded paper.

CakeDiane Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 11:33pm
post #9 of 9

Ooh, that aluminum pan idea is great! And Dizzymaiden, please let me know if those cookies made it OK in the glass jar--will you be hearing from the person you mailed them to?

Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%