Lunch With Leahs Today!

Decorating By indydebi Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 1:10am by mkolmar

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:42pm
post #31 of 47
Quote:
Quote:

I propose that Indydebi and leahs come to NC, don't you?

Count me in!! I would love to make a scratch cake that actually came out right and learn the SPS system!!!

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 5:49pm
post #32 of 47

I just learned about that little trick myself. I think that it does both but it also helps to keep your domes from getting so big. Not as much waste that way. I'm from VA. anybody else?

likitiki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
likitiki Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 6:18pm
post #33 of 47

Okay, I am officially jealous! I would love to meet both Indydebi and Leahs icon_smile.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 9:52pm
post #34 of 47

[quote="k8memphis"]Way cool!! I have gotten together with different online cake buddies before too. Always a treat. In fact I gotta cake buddy from Kansas coming today to visit me at the bookstore. I hope my pound cake gets done in the middle.

If you're passing by near Elvistown aka Memphis TN come on by!!![/quote

off topic for just 1 small second, I promise icon_wink.gif

k8 I'm always meaning to ask you, ever get to Graceland and if so what did you think of it?

OK back to topic....Sounds like you guys had a blast, you should post pics!

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 10:25pm
post #35 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by dldbrou

vanna, where are you located. I live in Scott, La. about two hours away from SugarShack.

I live in Denham Spring.. righ outside of BR, on the eastside. I just google Scott (and que psycho stalker music icon_biggrin.gif ) and youre not even an hour and a half from me!!! Yay, do you want to take on my charity case?? icon_redface.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:35pm
post #36 of 47

vanna,
After looking at your pics, I could get lessons from you. I really only do cakes for my family now, however I have been getting the bug to learn all the new things that everyone is doing now. I learned to decorate 27 years ago and did it as a part time job for a few years until hand surgery. I had never learned any specialty techniques like fondant and custom shaped cakes. Maybe we can convince Sugarshack to give a workshop someday.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 11:53pm
post #37 of 47

I love the spinning thing~~do you have to spin it fast~~will it make me dizzy watching it? icon_redface.gif Quiet baking,,,,,hmmm.

tiffy76620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffy76620 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:07am
post #38 of 47

please explain, the spinning and not BANGING the pans!!! My family HATES the pan banging!! But I gotta release thos air bubbles some how!!

Thanks!!

Brenda

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:10am
post #39 of 47

You lucky lucky people, all of the cake people I know are from the stores I go to and the bakery I work at. I want my CC meetup...anyone in Hampton roads?

tiffy76620 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:13am
post #40 of 47

Hey Deeva!!

I am in Hampton Roads, Newport news to be exact. Anyone else???

Brenda icon_biggrin.gif

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:17am
post #41 of 47

Cool sounds like we need to make a playdate

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:20am
post #42 of 47

I quit banging the pan years ago. Just run a spatula through the batter (old recipes called this 'cutting' the batter) then spin the pan The centrifugal force will even out the batter and force it up the sides.

sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:28am
post #43 of 47

Read the pan spining thing a few hours ago, went to bake a cake (butterscotch - yum!) and spun the pans. Very fun and it worked! I was laughing pretty hard.

tiffy76620 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:33am
post #44 of 47

Leahs: Thank you!! I will try it. I have to make cupcakes this weekend for a tasting!!!

My family will LOVE you for it. I know at times, when I am baking late at night, which is the BEST time for me, I am waking someone up!! LOL....

Brenda icon_biggrin.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:48am
post #45 of 47

Thanks leah for the tip, now my dogs came come out from under the sofa when I bang out the bubbles. icon_biggrin.gif

DegaDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DegaDee Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 12:49am
post #46 of 47

My family will be so happy when the banging stops! Esp. my 7mo granddaughter!!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 1:10am
post #47 of 47

spinning the pan sound like something I'm going to try next time I bake a cake.

I'm glad to see you like baking from scratch now Indy. I do both scratch and doctored mix cakes. I just absolutely love some scratch cakes.

jealous of you 2 getting to meet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%