Debbie Brown Cake Question

Decorating By babycakes73 Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 1:26am by babycakes73

babycakes73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babycakes73 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 5

Hi
I am wondering if any of you lovely people out there have ever done Debbie Browns "Baby Pram " cake from her "50 Easy Party Cakes" book?
If so do you have a picture of your cake. Also I am stumped as to how one has to flip the cake over to cover the cake in fondant from the bottom up. I am stumped only because the cake is suppose to be covererd in buttercream BEFORE you flip it over. How does one flip this with out destroying the layer of buttercream in the process? icon_confused.gif
ANY info would be greatly appreciated. icon_smile.gif

4 replies
cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:37pm
post #2 of 5

here was my version of this cake. Ice the cake and fondant it before you flip it over. Then ice the top and add fondant to the top.
LL

babycakes73 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:16am
post #3 of 5

Oh thanks, do you then see a lip around the top???being that it is not foled over like she does. Your cake looks great by the way.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:45am
post #4 of 5

I left the lip on, I liked the way it looked but that is just me. You can do it where it is folded or you can try to smooth the two pieces together so there isn't a seam or you can pipe with royal or BC over the seam to cover it.

babycakes73 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:26am
post #5 of 5

Think I will be trying one of those ways, other wise seems impossible to do it her way.
Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%