Fondant

Decorating By Wildkatzcakes Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 6:05pm by Misdawn

Wildkatzcakes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 7

This maybe in all this forum somewhere but I can't find it icon_cry.gif

How do you make fondant that tastes good?? I have used fondant on several cakes and it is ? eh ok but no where as good as the flavor of the buttercreams.

Wildkat

6 replies
SweetOccasionCakes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 7

What kind have you used? Home made recipes taste better, IMO, than the kind bought from the store (i.e. wilton).

Wildkatzcakes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:29pm
post #3 of 7

I've only used premade fondant and it is horrid ..pretty..but horrid taste....hmmm homemade fondant?? I guess I need a recipe and I will definately try it...ugh on premade

bashini Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 7

Hi, I haven't made Michele Foster's fondant. But I have tasted it and its so yummy. You can find it in the recipe section.

HTH.

Sugarflowers Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 4:59am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashini

Hi, I haven't made Michele Foster's fondant. But I have tasted it and its so yummy. You can find it in the recipe section.

HTH.

Thank You!

Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-3663-Michele-Fosters-Delicious-Fondant.html

When making this, be sure to let the hot liquid cool to lukewarm. Otherwise it will take a LOT more powdered sugar to get it to be firm and then the next day it will be a rock.

If it happens to be a little "gummy" the next day, knead in some extra powdered sugar. It should be a lot like a stiff bread dough when it's just right. If, however, it's too stiff, knead in small amounts of glycerin until it is softer.

The great thing about this fondant is that it is so easy to flavor and color in the way you like. It also is much less expensive and makes about 3 1/2 to 4 lbs. of fondant. It can be frozen, but will keep at room temperature for at least a month if properly wrapped. Even though it has dairy products in it, the cooking and sugar preserves the fondant. If dairy free is needed, then replace the milk and butter with water and shortening. It's SO easy.

HTH

Michele

mellormom Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 5:59pm
post #6 of 7

Marshmallow Fondant is good too. And it is easy as well. You can find that in the recipe section too.
Jen...

Misdawn Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 6:05pm
post #7 of 7

I swear by MMF and will never use anything else. It's cheap, easy, and tastes great. You can get basically any flavoring for it, but butavan is my personal favorite.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%