Help!!! Church Birthday And I Have No Clue!

Decorating By mommakeef Updated 31 Jan 2009 , 3:36am by gscout73

mommakeef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommakeef Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 11

My pastor has asked me to make a cake for our church's 5th bday. The cake is not due until Feb 15 so I have a bit to figure things out. But I have NO IDEA what to make! I know I will be making a WASC w/choc bavarian cream filling. Other than that, I'm lost! Any ideas??? I appreciate it!!!

10 replies
SassyBees2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassyBees2 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:21pm
post #2 of 11

What denomination?

mommak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommak Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 11

I have a couple of sheet cakes that I had done for a church celebration. Very simple to make, and they loved them. The crosses are made out of choc, bc roses. The church pic is an edible image. Hope this helps a little.
LL
LL

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 11

My 2 favorite religous caks would be the the "bible" and cross. They both can be put on a bigger sheet pan to serve more and I think make a pretty presentation. I've seen the cross on a much bigger sheet cake here on CC and it looked so pretty. I always search the gallery for ideas since the creativity gene was left out when I was born. Good luck!

Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:26pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommakeef

My pastor has asked me to make a cake for our church's 5th bday. The cake is not due until Feb 15 so I have a bit to figure things out. But I have NO IDEA what to make! I know I will be making a WASC w/choc bavarian cream filling. Other than that, I'm lost! Any ideas??? I appreciate it!!!

I think Wilton has a open book pan and a cross pan. Those come with instructions.

Good luck. Sounds like a fun project.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 11

Mommak....I LOVEEEE that first one with all the little crosses. What a GREAT idea!

SassyBees2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassyBees2 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:33pm
post #7 of 11

Those are really cute! I was thinking if you were Methodist, you could do the logo for the Methodist church, baptist, etc.
LL

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:27am
post #8 of 11

Here are a couple ideas I have used:
LL
LL

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 3:17am
post #9 of 11

I did this one for a pastor's 20th anniv. at his church.
LL

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 1:35am
post #10 of 11

It would be nice to know which denomination this is for. I was thinking incorporating scripture would be good.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:36am
post #11 of 11

I copied my church from pics and the stained glass is piping gel for our 50th. How hard would it be to copy yours?

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1193747.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%