Customer Service - Yipee!

Decorating By aligotmatt Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 12:15am by jammjenks

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:29pm
post #1 of 9

Last June I did a topsy turvy for an anniversary party. It turned out really really nice. But, on the drive it grew a good sized crack on the bottom tier. It was pouring rain, really humid, hot, and they had at least 20 speed bumps in their neighborhood to get to their house to deliver it. Just a lot of negative factors and the crack grew. So I tried to fix it as best I could, but the party was starting...

I sent her a letter saying, "I'm sorry that your day didn't go as good as it could have, please accept this gift certificate to make another day a little sunnier"

I didn't want to do a whole, I suck apology letter, so I thought that was sufficient. I never heard back from her. I figured she may order a christmas cake, nope... then she called TODAY. Her daughter is getting married and she wants me to do the wedding cake! I really had no idea how she was reacting to me, but she obviously wasn't running around talking bad about me, right? Yay!!

8 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 9

Gotta like that..Must not of bothered her!!Good for you!!

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 9

It's great to hear a story about an appreciative customer on here for a change!!! Every day, it seems there's one about a jerk who won't pay or something. I'm happy for you!

tx_cupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tx_cupcake Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:57pm
post #4 of 9

It just goes to show that when you do the right thing it comes back ten fold.

thumbs_up.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 9

That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 9

Awesome! Congrats!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:15pm
post #7 of 9

My mind plays tricks on me when I don't hear back from a customer. I always try to tell myself that "no news is good news", but most of the time I think "what was wrong with it?" Glad to hear that your customer's silence was not bad news for you. I hope she picks an area with fewer speed bumps to get married at!

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 11:41pm
post #8 of 9

oh my mind plays tricks on me too! That's why I was so excited! For months I thought this lady hated me for a crack in her cake... I'm excited about it icon_smile.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:15am
post #9 of 9

I had one kind of like that several months ago. She sent her dh to pick up a two tiered cake. I watched him drive down my bumpy driveway and thought he wasn't being careful enough. Months went by w/o me hearing from her and then she emailed me about making another cake. I just KNEW that her dh wasn't careful enough and she thought it was MY fault....but nope. I know how you feel. I was so glad too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%