How Did You Find The Cc Site?

Decorating By hammer1 Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 9:44pm by Larrimore

hammer1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hammer1 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 88

let's try this one to get " Officially Embarassed" off the home page.
I found this site by accident and what a happy accident it has been. I was looking at duff goldman's site and some how within the site was directed to this one. checked it out and have never left. Not many days go by that I do not check out all the pictures and the forum. I wasted too much time on that one thread and had to desire to move everyone on to something else. I restarted an old thread and am trying to get this new one going. please join in.

87 replies
Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:43pm
post #2 of 88

I was a hard core Wilton.com addict (thanks to my courses) & I was preparing to do a Backyardigans cake for my twin niece & nephews 2nd B-day. I asked around on Wilton for advice & someone told me to check out CC for a tutorial on the FBCT. Been here ever since! princess.gif

PS the FBCT turned out great (for my first time) & everyone LOVED my cake. (natch) icon_biggrin.gif

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:46pm
post #3 of 88

i too was taking the wilton courses almost a year ago and someone in the forum on the wilton site mentioned CC and the rest is history.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:52pm
post #4 of 88

I found out about Cake Central while taking the Wilton Courses, someone in the class mentioned it. I think I've been on here every day since... icon_biggrin.gif

hammer1 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 88

ok everyone, lets get it going, we are moving kind of slow with this one. i need some new interesting reading material.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:56pm
post #6 of 88

I was taking the Wilton courses, and doing a web search for cake photos and found CC. Of course, I was a little irritated that I had to *gasp* register to see the photo gallery icon_lol.gif

Little did I know what this site had in store for me!!

renee2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
renee2007 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:01pm
post #7 of 88

I was like ayanami, I was on the wilton site when someone talked about this site and I have been here ever since icon_smile.gif

Ayanami Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:04pm
post #8 of 88

I think we'll find that most people started off at Wilton, just because we took the courses. Then we found the light! icon_biggrin.gif I was on Wilton just the other day ( I still get email notices about posts) & was reading one from wilton asking people what they could do to make their site better. Are they feeling the burn? icon_cool.gif anyway, one of the members (a highly loved & well regarded woman, one of my wilton faves) laid down a whole list of things they could do to improve their site and you know what? Her list was everything this site offers! PM messaging, instant posting, phot gallery, printable recipe section. Sound Familiar? I went ahead & replied. icon_twisted.gif gave everyone this sites address! Wow, that ws easier to fix than Wilton thought, huh? icon_rolleyes.gif

Ayanami Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:33pm
post #9 of 88

Oh come on people! post something!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 6:53pm
post #10 of 88

i found it on charm city cakes. thi place is so good! beats everything else hands down!
xx

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 8:13pm
post #11 of 88

Ya know, I really don't remember what site I was on that led me to this link back in November 08, but I have been addicted since day one...I even tried to leave shortly after I started due to some people on here being very arrogant and down right mean to me, but there were so many more who welcomed me that I allowed the addiction to consume me...LOL! So been here ever since, grew a little tougher skin, realizing that I really don't care what some truly unknown person thinks about my posts. If they like them fine, if not so what. It is their issue not mine. Grin, Grin!

I just wish I would have known about this site years ago!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:06pm
post #12 of 88
Quote:
Quote:

I just wish I would have known about this site years ago!

(first time using the quote thing - i wonder if i managed! lol)
id be so much further on if id found this 5 years ago!
xx

hammer1 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:09pm
post #13 of 88

i have yet to try the quote thing, i'll have to try that someday.

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:21pm
post #14 of 88

I was looking for cake ideas and I went to charm city cakes for some ideas. I also wanted to learn more about fondant. The site showed CC and I have been here ever since. love everyones help.

aligotmatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aligotmatt Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:24pm
post #15 of 88

a friend of mine took some wilton classes and her instructor told her that this was the best place to go... she passed the message on and here I am.

PistachioCranberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PistachioCranberry Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:25pm
post #16 of 88

Wilton for me too and have been addicted ever since

fidos_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fidos_mom Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:31pm
post #17 of 88

My sister told me about this site. Now I have been the one on here 4-5 times a day and she is hardly ever here.

Yes... I too am addicted. thumbs_up.gif

manahigh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manahigh Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:31pm
post #18 of 88

I was web-searching for pictures of "dog" cakes as inspiration for my grand-sons 1st birthday party when I came accross CC. I don't do alot of decorating but I do enjoy coming on to see what everyone else is creating. My grand-daughters love to look at the gallery as well and they like to pick out cakes for their birthdays. I am not able to decorate as well as you'all but I do appreciate all the talent on here and how helpful everyone seems to be. Thanks for all the entertainment!!

Now back to "officially Embarressed"

teswade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teswade Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:34pm
post #19 of 88

My Wilton instructor told me about it as well. She said I had to check it out. She was right!

malishka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
malishka Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:37pm
post #20 of 88

I was looking for some cake ideas and stumbled upon it by going into toedna's site. It was the best thing I have ever done. I have learned so much on this site. Wilton gave me the baby steps, but this site opened up a whole new world of info.
I love being on the CC. I look into it about 20 times a day. I don't think it would be possible for me to make any of my cakes without learning everything I learned here.

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:38pm
post #21 of 88

I also was hooked on the Wilton site until I came across CC. I am on here too many times a day but I find that I always find interesting posts and pictures on the home page that I would never find going through the forums. I think CC changes the homepage on purpose to get us all addicted to an hourly fix!! icon_wink.gif

ngfcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngfcake Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:42pm
post #22 of 88

I discovered this site in Aine2's blog. I've learnt a lot from this site! Thanks to all of you!

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:48pm
post #23 of 88

I found it from Charm City Cakes! I remember thinking the website was really hard to navigate at first.. but now I'm so addicted that I can do it in my sleep!

I loooooooooove CC!!

IcedTea4Me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IcedTea4Me2 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:51pm
post #24 of 88

Charm city cakes! I told another lady in my wilton class about it and the next week she came in and told me that she was now addicted, too. I was not surprised!

Lisa

jmpearl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmpearl Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:00pm
post #25 of 88

I was searching for cake pictures and came across this site. Now I am addicted to it.

cakesBYcuento Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesBYcuento Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:01pm
post #26 of 88

i found this site from a yahoo image search. i wanted to make a taco cake for my friends suprise birthday party...it was an inside joke thing...anyways, i didn't know where to begin so i just searched for a taco cake online and one of the cakes was from CC. i wanted to search for more taco cakes on CC but i had to be a member first. so i signed up and now i am totally addicted!!!

Anntee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Anntee Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:08pm
post #27 of 88

A fellow 'caker' from Sweet Dreams by Tracy turned me on to CC. It's been a terrific help to this self-taught decorator (I use the term loosely in such magnificent company. ) icon_rolleyes.gif Thanks everyone for all your help! icon_smile.gif

StaceyCakes75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceyCakes75 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:11pm
post #28 of 88

I was looking for some cake pictures online and it came up in a google search. CC got me motivated to start decorating again. I have learned so much and have tons more to learn. Everyone tells me I should start my own business but I am definitly not to that standard yet. It's just fun to make cakes for friends and family and get the WOW out of them icon_smile.gif

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you that are willing to answer questions and help us newbies out. Ohh and thanks for all the inspiration there is some amazing talent here!

aswartzw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aswartzw Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:19pm
post #29 of 88

I found it as I was looking for recipes when I was doing my sister's wedding cake. I think I ran across a thread on wilton's that directed me here. Tons of help! I don't think I would've done quite so well without you CCers.

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:29pm
post #30 of 88

I never took any courses, but I too found this site through Wilton last spring. Again, asking for picture references and someone suggested I check it out!

As far as "Officially Embarrased" is concerned, the thread is up to almost 1400 posts! icon_eek.gif I don't know if this will come anywhere near that but...we can try! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%