21St Birthday

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 28 Jan 2009 , 2:49am by SugarFrosted

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 6

Was asked to do a 21st birthday cake nothing fancy, sheet cake but the girls mom dont even know what she wants on the cake?? so she left it to me. i really dont know the girl that well as to what she likes and dislikes, i asked her mom if she liked bright colors, she doesnt like flowers and she isnt flu flue so i thought about something that looks confetie or something on that line since shes not giving me any info what do you all think Please help me on this one Im not thinking im going to use fondant for anything only BC Thanks

5 replies
SassyBees2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassyBees2 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 6

If she doesn't like bright colors, you could go with a red, black and silver color scheme or even blue instead of red.

After you pick a color scheme, call and make sure that is all right with the mom so there will be no confusion or upset. Other than that, I would say do a normal cake with your chosen color scheme. Good luck icon_smile.gif

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyBees2

If she doesn't like bright colors, you could go with a red, black and silver color scheme or even blue instead of red.

After you pick a color scheme, call and make sure that is all right with the mom so there will be no confusion or upset. Other than that, I would say do a normal cake with your chosen color scheme. Good luck icon_smile.gif

thanks SassyBees2 im going with a bright colors and theres a cake here a retirment cake that im going to do Thanks for your response sometimes its hard to get someone to respond on some things,

SassyBees2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassyBees2 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 6

Good luck with the cake. I hate the indecisive cakes, unless you have full creative control and at least an idea of what to do...lol

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:43am
post #5 of 6

Have you come up with an idea yet? What about doing a gift or present cake? You can make it out of a sheet cake, its simple , you can use any colors and everyone always loves them! Do they want fondant or only buttercream or...?

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:49am
post #6 of 6

I made a 21st birthday sheetcake with a champagne bottle design and confetti and streamers. You could make the colors brighter.
http://www.sugarfrosted.com/displayimage.php?pos=-2493
Click on the picture to enlarge it to see the detail better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%