Women Of Hope

Decorating By momofjil Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 4:27am by SassyBees2

momofjil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momofjil Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:55pm
post #1 of 12

This cake request is for a group of low income women. The group is called Women of Hope and those in charge want a cake around Valentine that would be magnificent. I do not want to make it a love theme since not all of them may have significant others or may have had abuse. Any ideas?

11 replies
cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 12

i would do a sheet cake maybe in Pink and lots of celebration like confeti there are some cakes on here that are awesome, try to look in the gallery ribbons and so on Hope this helps you Good luck

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:07pm
post #3 of 12

Maybe a white sheet cake with a ton of red ,whit and pink flowers. Maybe you could do a fondant plaque on top with the word hope painted on it.

momofjil Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:23pm
post #4 of 12

I know the woman wants a stacked cake. It is for 70 people. BTW she said, "I was watching Ace of Cakes"...." use your imagination".

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:32pm
post #5 of 12

do you have a budget (whether self-imposed or by the customer)?

i would think a love theme would be most appropriate whether they had a significant other, been in an abusive situation, need love, want love, got love....love love love

love yourself first!

momofjil Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 12

good point, all4cake! She is open on the price. I rent a kitchen and it will be free for this group.

How would I show love without I heart you. Maybe just use those colors? Love one another...

SassyBees2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassyBees2 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:27pm
post #7 of 12

You could make the tiers pink or red and do little fondant balls in white and whatever color (red or pink) that the layers are not. Maybe add a purple ribbon (domestic violence support) right on the front or top.

all4cake Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:26pm
post #8 of 12

2-3-4...hands holding one heart...through the helping and loving hands being extended by these women of hope love is being shared...when i think of hope, i think of sunshine rays of hope...maybe a heart with rays of hope irradiating from it...like the fist of rock...but two opened hands holding this heart

all4cake Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 10:28pm
post #9 of 12

orrrrrrrrrrrrrr...two arms wrapped around to look like a self hug

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:42am
post #10 of 12

Use 12,9 & 6" heart tiers;
Love the idea of hands holding a big heart for the topper.
Of course the pink, red, white colorsicon_smile.gif
The love yourself &/or love one another are perfect.

beth2027 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beth2027 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 2:13am
post #11 of 12

Go to the wedding cakes section and pick one! Most wedding cakes are "love" themed, but you could pick a very nice stacked cake and do that. What about a pale pink w/ the cherry blossoms on them? That would be feminine, pretty, and still kind of nice for the February type theme.

SassyBees2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SassyBees2 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 4:27am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by beth2027

Go to the wedding cakes section and pick one! Most wedding cakes are "love" themed, but you could pick a very nice stacked cake and do that. What about a pale pink w/ the cherry blossoms on them? That would be feminine, pretty, and still kind of nice for the February type theme.

I love cherry blossoms. That would be lovely with a plain background.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%