"just Tell Me How To Put It Together And I'll Do It

Decorating By justfrosting Updated 27 Jan 2009 , 1:52am by Lorendabug

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 9

Have you all heard this?

I was told this while delivering a three tier sculpted cake this morning to a school for teacher appreciation day.

I asked the school secretary where I should set it up and she said just leave it on my desk.

I told her, "Well, it is kinda big and I have to assemble it."

"Just tell me how to put it together and I'll do it myself..."

Uh...no.

1. That includes divulging cake secrets...which I will not do to anyone not on CC.

2. I just spent 12 hours making this cake and I do not trust you...

3. Do you know how to do a shell border?

What I said was...I would not know how to explain it...

8 replies
chutzpah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chutzpah Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 9

ugh.... cake Muggles.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 9

That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard!! Why on earth would she be so weird about letting YOU set up your own cake? Did she think you had a gun hidden inside the cake or something!? Weird.

justfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justfrosting Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 9

I think she just did not want to be bothered. The teacher appreciation lunch was in a different building...it's cold...who knows.

At OSSAS I learned TONS about how to support a cake, no way am I giving those secrets out.

"Cake muggles" icon_rolleyes.gif snort, LMAO

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by chutzpah

ugh.... cake Muggles.

LOVE IT! icon_biggrin.gif

funcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funcakes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 8:51pm
post #6 of 9

Having worked with school secretaries for more than 30 years, I do believe that you could "just tell them how to put it together and they WILL do it" Those ladies are a jack of all trades. I don't know of a single thing they have NOT been asked to do. You have a problem-they fix it! We have run our school smoothly after the loss of our superintendent, principal, school nurse, supervisor. Things just go on as usual. One day without our secretary and things just go South real quick.
Seriously though, she did not mean that to belittle the complexity of setting up a cake, she just is in the habit that everything lands on her desk for her to take care of.

Wing-Ding Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wing-Ding Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 9:10pm
post #7 of 9

I wouldn't see the big deal in being able to set it up yourself. It's a matter of signing you in, giving you a visitor's pass and telling you where to set it up...... I would hope. icon_smile.gif

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:30am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by funcakes

Having worked with school secretaries for more than 30 years, I do believe that you could "just tell them how to put it together and they WILL do it" Those ladies are a jack of all trades. I don't know of a single thing they have NOT been asked to do. You have a problem-they fix it! We have run our school smoothly after the loss of our superintendent, principal, school nurse, supervisor. Things just go on as usual. One day without our secretary and things just go South real quick.
Seriously though, she did not mean that to belittle the complexity of setting up a cake, she just is in the habit that everything lands on her desk for her to take care of.

yeah, it's one thing if you have the tiers on their plates and the support dowels in place. Then I would have no problem telling a client how to do it. i would make them sign a waiver of course, but I would let them if they insist. But it sounds to me like justfrosting had to do a few finishing touches to the cake after assembly. In that situation, I would insist I put the cake together.

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 1:52am
post #9 of 9

Cake Muggles!

Too funny!

LMAO! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%