Cookie Decorating Book...

Baking By Pearl70 Updated 5 Feb 2009 , 6:08am by Sugarshoc

Pearl70 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 9

What book do you think is the best to help someone learn more about cookie decorating? I do not own any and I did do alot of cookies last year,but I only used MMF. I would love to learn more with the royal icing, stamping,painting,etc.

Thanks Pearl

8 replies
toleshed Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:37pm
post #2 of 9

I love all of these:

The Flour Pot Cookie Book by Margie and Abbey Greenberg

Creative Cookies by Toba Garrett

Cookie Craft by Valerie Peterson and Janice Fryer

Pearl70 Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 9

thank you..i will look into these.

kneadacookie Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 12:48am
post #4 of 9

and anything by autumn carpenter(although toba's is like my bible)

B3andD Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:26am
post #5 of 9

I think that "Cookie Sensations" by Meaghan Mountford has some cute ideas also. There is a good tutorial on color choice and mix & match icon_smile.gif.
B3andD

GeminiRJ Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:21pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneadacookie

and anything by autumn carpenter(although toba's is like my bible)

I really, really, like Autumn Carpenter's books! Great ideas, easy to understand...and she's a super nice person to boot. I met her briefly at the ICES in Omaha, and was very impressed. I wanted to ask her to autograph her books for me, but was too chicken. I didn't want to bother her. Sigh. I wish I had asked!

toleshed Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:10pm
post #7 of 9

Well sounds like I need a new book!! icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 9:03pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

I really, really, like Autumn Carpenter's books! Great ideas, easy to understand...and she's a super nice person to boot. I met her briefly at the ICES in Omaha, and was very impressed. I wanted to ask her to autograph her books for me, but was too chicken. I didn't want to bother her. Sigh. I wish I had asked!

You should have asked!! I met her a couple years ago and she signed ALL my books by her!! icon_biggrin.gif She's a very sweet lady. thumbs_up.gif As a matter of fact I had a cookie class with her and I ended up modeling the cookie class that I teach after hers because she taught so much in such a short amount of time with "no student left behind"! icon_lol.gif

Sugarshoc Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 6:08am
post #9 of 9

I love Cookie Craft also.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%