Sweaty Fondant Icing

Decorating By CURLIE Updated 31 Jan 2009 , 10:30pm by Chonya

CURLIE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CURLIE Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:46am
post #1 of 5

Can anybody help me as to how to stop cakes that have been iced with fondant from "sweating" when you live in a very humid climate. We are having some very high humidity at the moment and a baby shower cake I made, although not ruined, the fondant icing became very "moist" throughout the afternoon.

4 replies
ortansa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ortansa Posted 27 Jan 2009 , 12:05pm
post #2 of 5

I have the same problem too,and I'll be happy to find if there is a solution for this.I remember that once I made a cake for my son's birthday and my fondant cover begun to sweat.Then I put a lot of icing sugar all over the cake,I wait for 5-10 minutes and then brushed away all sugar with a big brush.This saved the cake for a couple of hours,but then it sweated again-it was a hot day.
I also know that an air conditioner or a fan can help a bit too.

So,I am waiting for some better ideeas too.

Thank you.

xinue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xinue Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:40am
post #3 of 5

hi! do you guys make your own fondant???
I live in a contry where you don´t find pre made fondant easily, so I have to make it from scratch.
Anyway, I use to use a recipe wich called for glycerin and it gave me this sweating problem... now I use a recipe wich makes me so very happy, it´s flawless all the time, a little hard work, byt I assure you that if it doesn´t sweat in a tropical country, it will work for you. I don´t know is I´m being helpful but if you want to try, I can pm you my recipe.

Terri05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Terri05 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 6:06am
post #4 of 5

I would love a pm on your homemade fondant. Thanks.

Chonya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chonya Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 5

Could I get that recipe too?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%