Looking For A Business Partner In Calera, Al

Business By arsing1 Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 7:02pm by arsing1

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 5:23am
post #1 of 3

Hello all! I've been working on starting a cake business from my home. But surprise, surprise, turns out that's not allowed in Alabama. So now I'm looking for a space to open a cake shop. This terrifies me but I know I love doing cakes and I want to make a business out of it. I'm looking for someone who has the same passion for cakes as I do. It is scary out there right now for certain small businesses, but people will always have birthdays, babies and weddings! If you are interested let me know. I would really love for this dream to become reality!

April

www.thesweetlifecakes.com

2 replies
wespam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wespam Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:22pm
post #2 of 3

April, your doing the right thing by going legal with your cake business. In my county (Morgan) the health dept means business. They warn you once and then arrest and fine you. They treat health issues very seriously. Keep looking for a kitchen to share, local deli or inspected church kitchen. It's not impossible. You will have costs associated with your license, insurance and fees. With God's help and prayer I found a deli that would let me share their kitchen a year and a half ago and now after building up my clientelle, getting ready to move into my own shop. Good luck and keep us posted. Pam from Bama

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 7:02pm
post #3 of 3

I never thought of sharing a kitchen. How did you convince them to do that? Did you have to pay them rent to use their kitchen? Thanks for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%