Please Help Me Fast>>>

Decorating By FarrahFace Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 10:14pm by godsgood

FarrahFace Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:05am
post #1 of 6

I am making the red velvet cake.. I need to make sure I am reading this correctly.. Here is the recipie

Chef Stef's southern red velvet cake

Serves/Yields: about 5 cups batter
Prep. Time: 15
Cook Time: 30
Category: Southern U.S.
Difficulty: Easy

This is one of my very most popular cake flavors. I've never had a bride taste it and not order it. One said her southern grandmother has been making her RV for her birthday every year all her life; when she tasted this, she said, "Oh! Grandma is SO fired." Enjoy!

2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 ts baking soda
1 ts salt
1 ts cocoa powder
1-1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk, room temp
2 large eggs, room temp
2 TB (1 oz) red food coloring
1 ts white vinegar
1 ts vanilla

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil and flour (or line bottom with parchment) two 8" round pans. (although I usually do 1.5 x the recipe for two 8" actually).

Sift all dry ingredients together into stand mixer bowl. In another bowl whisk together all wet ingredients. Using paddle attachment and low speed, blend the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Divide between cake pans and bake until tester inserted in center comes out clean. I never use recipe times, but the original said 30 minutes for 9" pans.

Now I am doubleing the batch.. Does it say 1 and a half cups veg, oil???

I poured it in the bowl, (which would be 3 cups for double batch) And I was floored at the amout of oil. So I checked to make sure and I can't tell if it is one-one half cup or one and a half.. please help fast.. ty..

5 replies
FarrahFace Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:29am
post #2 of 6

Okay I went ahead and put 3 cups.. It is in the oven now so we will know in just a bit... Hope I was right.. icon_lol.gif

pastryjen Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:34am
post #3 of 6

Probably too late but I checked some other recipes and I found one that had a similar amount of liquid!

Hope it turned out.

sayhellojana Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:38am
post #4 of 6

My RV recipe has 1 1/2 too. One an a half cups. Seems like a lot but hey - it's good!

kkitchen Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 1:36am
post #5 of 6

Please let me know how it taste, I have been wanting to try this recipe.

godsgood Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 10:14pm
post #6 of 6

Is this correct that there is only 1 teaspoon cocoa in it? Most other recipes call for a minimum of 1 TABLEspoon. I just made it, it's in the oven now, but I'm afraid that it is written wrong or something. How did you like it, Farrah?

Quote by @%username% on %date%