Broken Heart Cookies For Musical Ideas?

Baking By Kaybaby Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 12:46am by cookieman

Kaybaby Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 3

My daughter is in a local production of the musical "The Last Five Years". The main characters are Jamie and Cathy. I would love to make a broken heart cookie with their names on it. I have a 4" heart cutter that I would like to use, but I don't have any ideas. I am a very visual person, please post any links or pictures that could help me.

Thank you all so much,

Vonda

2 replies
dance2874 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:03am
post #2 of 3

I would do a zigzag type line down the center of the heart and put their names on either side of it, or their initials. Make sense? I dont really have a picture.

cookieman Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 12:46am
post #3 of 3

Vonda,

The cookies to the left and right in this pic can be adapted to a "broken heart" design. I used the heart cookie cutter to cut out fondant of different colors, then split those hearts down the middle. Then I took 1/2 purple and 1/2 pink and matched them up and then adhered them to my baked cookie. Instead of just cutting them straight down the center, you can do a zig-zag cut like dance2874 suggested. (I also took the extra step of doing a heart cut-out in the center, which you do not have to do.) Good luck!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=967963

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%