My New Helpful Tip To Get Bags Ready

Decorating By mcalhoun Updated 25 Jan 2009 , 9:36pm by Sugar_Plum_Fairy

mcalhoun Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:22pm
post #1 of 9

I don't know if anyone else would think this is a new idea or even a good one but the last couple of weeks I have been doing this and it seems to work for me. In the evening while I am sitting around watching TV I started putting together disposable bags. I have started using all disposable latels. I can cut the tip off put the coupler in and then when I am ready to decorate that is one less thing I have to do. Just thought I would pass it along.
Melissa

8 replies
allydav Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 9

Makes sense. I seem to have a billion of those couplers around any way.

Thanks!

shiney Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 9

Melissa, we're always looking for time-savers. Or multi-tasking! I am a cookier, and I will sit and attach sticks to bags whilst watching the tube. It's kinda like a weird reward system? Like, okay, I'll watch this show, but at the commercial (which in DishnetworkWorld doesn't really exist), I will put on or fold a load of laundry, or load the dishwasher, or sort out cookie cutters, etc.
I love your bag tip, I think I will have to use it!

ncbert Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:32pm
post #4 of 9

Great idea!

thanks

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:35pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks for sharing. Have to try to remember to alternate that with the pearl-making while watching the tube. lol So much to do and so little time to do it!

Cakeonista Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:52pm
post #6 of 9

hi sugar plum,
was wondering what your tip is for making pearls? i use a lot of pearls on my cakes and they are so time consuming. thanks

cakesdivine Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 9

Awesome tip! Will start trying this.

Cakeonista Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 3:58pm
post #8 of 9

hi sugar plum,
was wondering what your tip is for making pearls? i use a lot of pearls on my cakes and they are so time consuming. thanks

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 9:36pm
post #9 of 9

Actually I can't take the credit for this. It's a tip I learned on here (CC) a few years ago. While sitting down and watching the tube, make your pearls so that you have them when you need them. In other words, multitask! lol icon_smile.gif

I use Earlene Moore's method for making pearls. It can be found here: http://www.earlenescakes.com/prlinstruct.htm. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%