Florida Decorating Supplies Help!!!!

Decorating By cheffie Updated 28 Jan 2009 , 9:41pm by Rocketgirl899

cheffie Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 12

I need some help. I am in the Tampa area and need a good cake decorating supply store. I know about the one in Tampa. They are ok but do not carry what I want. Neither do Micheals or Joanns. I saw awhile back on here a store in Orlando that had a huge inventory and great prices but cannot find it. I am willing to drive 2-4 hrs if needed. I want to find silver/gold glazes, gold leaf, etc. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Cheffie!

11 replies
delisa01 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 12

Hi- The store that I go to is D & G Occasions. Here is the website:

http://dandgoccasions.com/

They have a big inventory and have what you are looking for (not sure about the gold leaf as I have never purchased that before)

Good Luck!

adrienh1 Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 2:19am
post #4 of 12

Have you tried Cakes Plus on S. Dale Mabry? I just found them and they have quite an extensive selection.

cheffie Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 1:00pm
post #5 of 12

Thank you all. Yes I have shopped at Cakes Plus before, and while they have many items they seem to not carry many that I need. Looks like D & G is my best bet. Again Thank you all. Cheffie icon_biggrin.gif

Sugarchic Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 2:44pm
post #8 of 12

Yes it is normal that alot of there items are out of stock. They do have a store front that you can go to. I would suggest that you call them.

janelwaters Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:03pm
post #10 of 12

We are taking a family trip to Disney next month and even though this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to go to Disney with my WHOLE family (mom, dad, brother, sil and nephew and husband and daughter) - I think I'm most excited about going cake shopping!! haha!!

cheffie Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 3:24pm
post #11 of 12

Wow, great info, thanks all. I live near Clearwater (90) miles away so if I do drive over I will want to stop by as many stores as possible icon_biggrin.gif . Again thanks Cheffie

Rocketgirl899 Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 9:41pm
post #12 of 12

Ohhh!!!! Just make sure you look at the ours of operation! And sat at D&G are pretty busy...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%