Iso Football Brownies Recipe

Baking By Honeydukes Updated 26 Jan 2009 , 4:57am by Honeydukes

Honeydukes Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 9:45am
post #1 of 4

I want to make brownies for the Super Bowl and cut them into football shapes with a cutter. Had a practice run with my scratch recipe; it's a little fudgy and can be crumbly. They fell apart. Does anyone have a recipe they can recommend? Scratch or mix is fine -- just want them to hold together.

I thought I might cover them in chocolate and pipe white chocolate laces. Would that be overkill? Stop laughing. I'm really asking. icon_confused.gificon_smile.gif

3 replies
karenm0712 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 11:39am
post #2 of 4

Giving you a little bump! I did valentine brownies in the shape of hearts and they didn't quite turn out the way I had antisipated. Plus the box brownies get that very thin top flaky crust and I think that kind of "ruins" the look...

Hopefully someone out there can chime in!

vickymacd Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 11:41am
post #3 of 4

I've done this before. Just don't make the brownies with the 'cake type' of ingredients if using a box mix.

BUT....went to Walmart yesterday and noticed they have a cake pan that have about 8 football shapes in one pan to make cupcakes or brownies.
It's one of those flexible molds (which I've never used before), but it would be perfect for what you want to do. It was in the Wilton section of Walmart by the football area of that section.

Hope this helps in some way.

Honeydukes Posted 26 Jan 2009 , 4:57am
post #4 of 4

Thanks, ladies. I will try the cake version of a box mix. I, too, got that thin layer which is why I thought I might coat them in chocolate to cover that up. I'll try them again.

I like the idea of the pan, I'm just not sure I need another pan! icon_lol.gif I already have the cookie cutter so I think I'll stick with that. Plus, we can munch on the scraps. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks, again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%