Madeline/french Theme

Decorating By Zamode Updated 25 Jan 2009 , 5:38am by KrissieCakes

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 4:55am
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a Madeline cake for my soon-to-be four year old daughter. She wants Madeline, Miss Clavel and Pepito on the cake. I will make them from MMF. I think the cake will be round, maybe 12", it depends on how many people we have. I'm not sure what else to do with it. I thought of doing the house ("covered with vines"...) or the Eiffel Tower in a chocolate transfer. ? I would love to try a 3D Eiffel Tower but cannot find any info on the site for a template.

I would like it nicely detailed but not overwhelmed and I won't have alot of time to do anything too initricate (like a 3D Eiffel Tower! Sounds nice anyway!)

Also, 22 years since my French classes, what is the correct French way to say happy birthday? It is bon fête or bon anniversaire?

I could also use some ideas for decorating (the room) if anyone would like to suggest that as well! Merci! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:12am
post #2 of 4

Well, I took spanish not french in high school so I'm no help! The first thing that popped into my head was - Madeline needs to have a scar from the appendectomy. That would be the best detail. And when I think french I think very intricate floral wallpaper for some reason. Maybe you could print a pretty floral pattern on an edible image (grocery stores will do this just bring in a photo) and put that onto fondant/gumpaste

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:17am
post #3 of 4

In French you can say either Bonne F^ete or Bon Anniversaire or even Joyeux Anniversaire. Personally, I would go with Bonne F^ete. I don't have the e with an 'accent circonflexe' on my keyboard (the e with a hat!) so I put the carat symbol before the first e.

You could put a flag somewhere, the Blue White and Red.

HTH

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 5:38am
post #4 of 4

Could you put Madeline on top of the round cake with some sort of happy birthday banner and then put smaller decorations, such as a small eiffel tower, small (flat) replica of the house, and things like that around the edges?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%