Goosebumps Themed Cake?!!?

Decorating By Christina222 Updated 16 Feb 2009 , 10:15pm by Christina222

Christina222 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all you wonderful CC people!! This is my first post/request. I'm rather new to decorating and am starting to make cakes for friends and family. I tried to upload some of the things I have done so you could see my level, but it wouldn't work. icon_sad.gif

Anyway, my nephew originally wanted a Spongebob Squarepants cake, which I thought "easy peasy" and there are TONS of great examples on here, then my SIL calls and says he wants a Goosebumps cake. I've never even read any of these books and only found one example on here. I guess his favorite story is "The Haunted Mask".

Can anyone give me some help/advice on a Goosebumps cake? Or maybe someone can do a more thorough search than I and find some photos? Thank you so much in advance for any help/advice!!!!

4 replies
LisaR64 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 5

What about a cake shaped like a book, with an edible image of one of the Goosebump book covers? You could also google "goosebumps images" to find more ideas & inspiration.

cakesbyjen Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 1:25am
post #3 of 5

now, i hope my age doesn't show too much, but i remember reading this book, lol

i think the storyline is a kid goes to a costume shop and finds their way into the back room, finds this mask, and craziness ensues.......

i found a picture of the cover for you, it brought back some memories... possibly why i'm afraid of the dark at age 23 but eh.... icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

Christina222 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 6:01pm
post #4 of 5

OK. So I finally had to make the Goosebumps cake. I went with the book idea. I had originally hoped to have a small stack of books, but alas, circumstances change and I had to modify. This was the final product I came up with. I'm not too happy with it, but I learned alot. This was my first edible image and my first book.

Christina222 Posted 16 Feb 2009 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 5

BTW - he changed what his favorite book was =) That's why it's Werewolf of Fever Swamp and not the Haunted Mask as was discussed before. Thanks to everyone for their helpful advice!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%