Nightmare Before Christmas Items?

Decorating By Callyssa Updated 29 Jan 2009 , 4:12am by Callyssa

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 9

My son wants me to make him a 'Nightmare Before Christmas' birthday cake, but when I googled cake toppers they were outrageously expensive! Does anyone have suggestions where I can find better priced toppers, or items to use on this cake? Thanks!

8 replies
summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 9

I bought my Corpse Bride one from heteromorphic.com. It wasn't a cake topper, but they had the figurines. And they were much less $$$.

jeepgirl9478 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeepgirl9478 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 9

If you have a Spencers I would try there. They always seem to have Nighmare Before Christmas stuff! Good luck!

Callyssa Posted 28 Jan 2009 , 4:51pm
post #4 of 9

Thank you guys so much; I didn't get a notice in my email that there were responses so I didn't know anyone had resonded! We do have a Spencer's, I never thought to try there. I'll call today! Thanks again!

slysimpson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slysimpson Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:10am
post #5 of 9

If you can't find anything at Spencers, you might try a comic shop. Often times they will have small figurines. In my experience a lot of the NMBC items are imported and a little bit pricey. But if you look around you might find something. You also might look at Disneystore online as they sometimes have items.

holly

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:16am
post #6 of 9

If there is a Hot Topic store near you they would probably have Nightmare stuff too. Any gothic shop basically.

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:18am
post #7 of 9

Just a note on Spencer's...I called them last fall for NBC figurines and they told me they didn't have anything NBC. I stopped in one day -after I made the cake, mind you- and there were a lot of things I could have used.

There are a bunch of great NBC cakes in the gallery to get inspired with without neccessarily using purchased toppers in case you don't have any luck finding some. Good luck! It was a fun theme to make a cake for!

tiffy76620 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiffy76620 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 3:27am
post #8 of 9

My youngest son who is 18, LOVES Nightmare before christmas. I am always buying him something. Hot Topic has lots!!!!

Callyssa Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 4:12am
post #9 of 9

I would never have thought Hot Topic would have this stuff! Thank you guys so much, I can't wait to go shopping now!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%