Deliver A Cake Miles Away

Decorating By kse Updated 25 Jan 2009 , 2:42am by kse

kse Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:05pm
post #1 of 4

I need to deliver a sculpted/fondant covered cake about two hundred miles away. How do I package this so it won't fall? Also, if I need to ship it, what is the best way? Thanks again to everyone for their great help!

3 replies
kakeladi Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:32pm
post #2 of 4

Oh boyicon_sad.gif W/o seeing the actual creation it is hard to help you.
Make sure the base is as big as possible w/o being distracting to the creation. Maybe put it on another base in the car?
Use non skid rubber mats under each base. Make double sure it sits level where ever you place it. Seats are NOT level!
Drive like a little old lady! LOL Be careful; watchful for any sudden stops etc.
If you can find a cardboard box big enough for it to fit into. Cut one side of the box, insert cake then seal (w/strong tape) that cut side. You don't want to have to stick you hands down into the box to lift the cake in or out; slide it in & out.
Hope that helps some.

jibbies Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 4

I have delivered many cakes several hundred miles. I assemble on site. I crumb coat and then do everything else after that when I arrive. You can do it, just take a little more time to plan ahead and try to think of everything that could go wrong and have a plan to fix it.
Good luck!

Jibbies

kse Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 2:42am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for the tips. Will be careful when driving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%