Where Can I Find Templates For "how To Make A Purse&quo

Decorating By momade Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 5:02pm by momade

momade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momade Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 7

Does anyone know if there are templates for the accent pieces for the "How to make a cake" instructions that's in the articles section? I would really love to try and make the cake, but I'd have not clue (without templates) how to do those accent pieces. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

6 replies
jibbies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jibbies Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 7

Did you check in the templates section of the galleries? It says that there are 0 photos but that's not true there are lots.

Jibbies

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 7

Trying to send you the link from this site, not sure if you'll be able to click on it , but if not just type this in:

How To Make a Purse Cake
By: briansbaker

He has created a tutorial. HTH

momade Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 4:01pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibbies

Did you check in the templates section of the galleries? It says that there are 0 photos but that's not true there are lots.

Jibbies

Thanks so much for responding so quickly Jibbies. Yes I did. I went through all 10 pages in the template and didn't find it.

If anyone's done this cake already and have the accent piece's template or have made your own, I would surely appreciate it if you could share them with me. Like I said, I have no clue how to make my own. Thanks.

momade Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 4:17pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainalee

Trying to send you the link from this site, not sure if you'll be able to click on it , but if not just type this in:

How To Make a Purse Cake
By: briansbaker

He has created a tutorial. HTH

Thank you so much lainalee. Yup! This is the tutorial I am talking about. I found it in the articles section, under the "how to's". This is such a great tutorial on how to make this cake, but it doesn't give, or at least I haven't found it, a template on how to make the accent pieces. I sure hope I'll be able to find one. Thank so much for your help.

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 7

If you can be more specific about the accent pieces you are referring to.. Like the handles, etc? The tutorial gives sizes to cut.. I have one that I added some additional instruction if you are interested, pm me your personal email addy... here is the purse I am referring to:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1235800.html

momade Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:02pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesByLJ

If you can be more specific about the accent pieces you are referring to.. Like the handles, etc? The tutorial gives sizes to cut.. I have one that I added some additional instruction if you are interested, pm me your personal email addy... here is the purse I am referring to:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1235800.html

Thank you CakesByLJ. Your cake is amazing! I would definely love instructions on your cake also. I'll pm you as soon as I post this.

Here is the tutorial of the purse cake I'm referring to. I'm still very much looking for the template for this one also. The accent pieces are pictured in step 4, and it's for these that I'm looking for a template for.

http://www.cakecentral.com/article64-How-To-Make-a-Purse-Cake.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%