What Is Your Best Tasting Ready Made Fondant?

Decorating By sweetsuccess Updated 25 Jan 2009 , 4:19am by Pebbles1727

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 2:36pm
post #1 of 10

Hi!

I often don't have the time to make fondant and I was wondering what everyone on CC thought is the best-tasting ready-made fondant. (We all agree that Wilton is the worst. I also think that Bekyls taste like soap)

I like satin ice but last week at a class I attended, Chef Penny, Sugar-Couture raved about massa grischuna fondant. Any one try it? I've also heard about fondex (spelling may be wrong).

What is your favorite tasting ready-made fondant? I have a big cake order coming up and I need the fondant to taste good as well as look good. (If this topic was already discussed, please show me the thread).

Thanks everyone!

Dina

http://www.newyorkcitycakedecorators.blogspot.com

9 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 2:40pm
post #2 of 10

im in the uk, but i like supercooks (basically the only big brand that you can easily find here), but a supermarkets own, from tesco, is just as good, possibly a bit nicer!
xx

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 10

Choco-Pan .... it's made with white chocolate. I'm new to fondant and everyone in my family has done the tasting thing on the different kinds. Choco-Pan wins hands down.

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 10

Where do you buy Choco-Pan? I've heard of it, but I usually just make the MMF. White chocolate sounds yummy. Is it easy to work with?

bori74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bori74 Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:03pm
post #5 of 10

I love Massa Grischuna, any of the flavors. Choco-Pan is excellent also!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:50pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainalee

Where do you buy Choco-Pan? I've heard of it, but I usually just make the MMF. White chocolate sounds yummy. Is it easy to work with?

http://www.lindashonkcakes.com/
Linda is a lady from here in Indpls, and she invented Choco-Pan. It's designed to roll really REALLY thin, which means it goes further. I find it very easy to work with (said this fondant newbie, so take it with a grain of salt!). I would recommend you order a small container and try it .... I love it.

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 6:01pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your help!

Dina

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 7:42pm
post #8 of 10

I just ordered the sample pack of choco-pan. I hope it is enough to get a feeling for, it only cost me 1.00 to buy the pack, but it cost 5.00 to ship it.

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 8:53pm
post #9 of 10

I really love Pettinice. The white is good and the chocolate is delicious. It's very easy to work with.

Jodie

Pebbles1727 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pebbles1727 Posted 25 Jan 2009 , 4:19am
post #10 of 10

Do you know how big is the sample of Choco-Pan going to be?
Thanks, P

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%