Storing Mmf, I Need Help!

Decorating By ShabbyChic_Confections Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 7:39am by ceshell

ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:03am
post #1 of 3

My DD B-day is next week, today I baked the caked and put them in the freezer, I want to make the MMF to make some decorations that need to dry out, but I don't want to waste any leftovers and at the same time I may just do as much as I will need that way is one less thing to do the day that I will decorate the cake, any suggestions??

Also, could I use Pastry Pride to crumb coat before I cover with MMF??

Thank you.

2 replies
Parable Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:53am
post #2 of 3

I don't know about the Pastry Pride but you sure can freeze leftover MMF. Just wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and then seal in a freezer bag. HTH

ceshell Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 7:39am
post #3 of 3

I would not recommend using Pastry Pride under fondant. I don't believe it is likely to hold up well; too much moisture in the product may start to dissolve your fondant from the inside out. However it would work fine as a filling inside your cake.

As for the MMF if you give it a coat of Crisco and then double-wrap it in plastic wrap before sealing in an airtight zipper bag...you don't need to freeze nor refrigerate it. Of course freezing it will make it last even longer but I'd say you have at least...what...a month? 3? Just in the cupboard.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%