How Would I Go About Getting This Textured Look?

Decorating By Angfastic Updated 24 Jan 2009 , 5:35am by Angfastic

Angfastic Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 1:26am
post #1 of 8

I'm making my friend's wedding cake. I showed her some pics and she loved this one, but I'm not sure how to achieve it. Any guidance would be appreciated.

7 replies
Cakepro Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 1:53am
post #2 of 8

Looks like Betty Crocker-style "waves" with a butter knife. Before you did decorated cakes, you didn't do the typical homemaker's wavy canned frosting decorating? icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:22am
post #3 of 8

I find it easier to use the back of a small dessert spoon lightly over the icing. Give it a try. Just spread some icing over anything and pull a teaspoon up.

bobwonderbuns Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:26am
post #4 of 8

Agreed, I'd use the back of a spoon. You might do it the same way as the hot knife method -- dip the spoon in hot water, dry off and drag the back of the hot spoon in the pattern you want on the cake -- that way you won't have sticking and clumping to worry about. icon_biggrin.gif

jammjenks Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:47am
post #5 of 8

Yep, a teaspoon is the way to go. I did this one that way

ILE Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 3:58am
post #6 of 8

it could be done with a spatula or the back of a spoon.

tonedna Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 4:06am
post #7 of 8

Yup...a teaspoon..icon_lol.gif
Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Angfastic Posted 24 Jan 2009 , 5:35am
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the responses. That seems easy enough for even me to do icon_smile.gif .

Quote by @%username% on %date%